Walkable from ship?

Chesie

We are on the Caribbean Princess and would like to know if fromt he dock we can walk into town and what is there to do? Thank you!

Depends on your ports and what you consider walkable.

I find the weather is always very hot and humid so one tires very easily.

When in St Thomas my husband and I always walk back to the ship but its a pretty good walk, at least 25-30 mins but we enjoy walking the road as it strolls along the beautiful water with the ship off in the distance.

In St. Lucia, there's tons of shops right at the pier for your standard watches/jewelry and some souvenirs like all other ports. You can walk it to town about 20 minutes. Basically take the road from the pier and the first main road hand a right. Go over a small bridge and walk along the water and you'll reach town which has a flea market type of feel and some other shops around. You'll also find a Burger King. lol

There's also a mall if you make a right past the flea market and walk down a few hundred feet. I was able to get my much needed internet fix on the second level of the mini-mall. Like $5 for two people for like 15 min each.

You may have people pestering you for taxi service or a few beg for money. Just say no and keep walking.

Saw a few people taking that walk into town while we were on a tour. It was hot and very humid in October and I would have been soak and wet trying to take that walk. They have a water taxi that goes over to the town right from the pier. There are also many small shops and a couple of bars right at the pier.

Archived