Conquest

emaksb

We had 5 girls, 8-14. All were able to find activities. The oldest is an avid basketball player and spent most of her time on the basketball court. The 12 and 13 year old were at the makeup demos, dance lessons, games and did some of the preteen activities. The 8 years olds did some Camp Carnival. One really enjoyed it, one is less outgoing and perferred staying with the family. The 18 year old boy spent time in the disco, listening to the bands and as he is outgoing, meeting others his age.

The 6 40something parents enjoyed the shows, the sun, etc. The grandparents danced to the big band shows and enjoyed the balcony for reading and working crossword puzzles.

The food was great. Something for everyone. The younger ones enjoyed trying new dishes and the waiters were very patient with them. We celebrated 2 birthdays and an anniversary with cakes and singing in the dining room.

I just wanted to comment on walkie talkies. We didn't have extra money to buy any, and we knew we would not need them later so we went without them. I was a little worried. I did take post it notes though. We had 14 people in 5 cabins that were next door to each other.

I was amazed how often we saw others from our group. We never went anywhere on the ship that we didn't see one of them. We didn't even need the post it notes. So I am not sure walkie talkies are needed that much. I think they are great if you can afford them but they are kind of like cell phones. Convenient but you can get by without them.

Archived