NOv. 6 sailing?

atrame

We are leaving Nov 6 for Grand Caymans, Cozumel, Belize & Roatan. We have been so excited about snorkeling at each port. Even if Tomas goes north, will the water still be rough and cloudy? How long does it take to calm back down after a hurricaine?

Hurricane Expert:

You are awesome!

My wife and I too will be sailing on Nov 6-13, doing the Western Caribbean with stops in Cozumel(8th), Georgetown Cayman Is.(10th) and Jamaica(11th). How do you think Tomas will affect our vacation? Do you expect that we'll be rocking and rolling on our sail with strong wind/wave during our sail?

Thanks in advance.

We sail on 11/7-14 with an Eastern Caribbean itinerary (Bahamas, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk). I saw something last night which says Tomas may turn north and emerge in the Eastern Caribbean over Turks and Caicos. hat are you thoughts regarding our trip? Thanks for your insight.

The western Caribbean is still looking ok in the extended outlook. I'm cautiously optimistic....it's still and extended forecast though. Check my forecast link below for my latest thoughts on Tomas.

Hurricane Expert:

You are awesome!

My wife and I too will be sailing on Nov 6-13, doing the Western Caribbean with stops in Cozumel(8th), Georgetown Cayman Is.(10th) and Jamaica(11th). How do you think Tomas will affect our vacation? Do you expect that we'll be rocking and rolling on our sail with strong wind/wave during our sail?

Thanks in advance.

Tomas should be out of the way be then. Happy sailing!

We sail on 11/7-14 with an Eastern Caribbean itinerary (Bahamas, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk). I saw something last night which says Tomas may turn north and emerge in the Eastern Caribbean over Turks and Caicos. hat are you thoughts regarding our trip? Thanks for your insight.

That is the general forecast at this time. A lot can happen before then. It is forecast to turn north east of Jamaica to Hispaniola. If it were to hit Hispaniola, it would weaken greatly. As many other expert cruisers have mentioned here, they'll sail somewhere. The itinerary may change though.

We are leaving Nov 6 for Grand Caymans, Cozumel, Belize & Roatan. We have been so excited about snorkeling at each port. Even if Tomas goes north, will the water still be rough and cloudy? How long does it take to calm back down after a hurricaine?

You'll probably be fine that far west if the forecast is correct.

I am recent to CC, only joining after I booked my first cruise and I always read your reports on the hurricanes...I think what you post is amazing and very informative...

Thankyou so much form taking the time and trouble to do so...

Now I leave on NOvember 7 from FLL, and first stop is the bahamas, then 2 sea days, then I think tortola virgin islands, cozumel, mexico...

Flippin eck I really must read my intinerary as it is a 2 week cruise and I can remember where I'm going the first week, let alone the second...:eek:

Hurricane Expert:

You are awesome!

Thanks in advance.

Are you sailing the Liberty? If yes, we'll see you then!

I am recent to CC, only joining after I booked my first cruise and I always read your reports on the hurricanes...I think what you post is amazing and very informative...

Thankyou so much form taking the time and trouble to do so...

Now I leave on NOvember 7 from FLL, and first stop is the bahamas, then 2 sea days, then I think tortola virgin islands, cozumel, mexico...

Flippin eck I really must read my intinerary as it is a 2 week cruise and I can remember where I'm going the first week, let alone the second...:eek:

Thank you, please tell the cruise line they need me on staff. ;-). You'll probably be ok. If Tomas hits Hispaniola it will weaken a lot. It is forecast to be near or east of the Turks and Caicos around next Saturday and move rapidly north.

We leave Nov 7 out of New York to Florida, Nassau and NCL's private island. What is your opinion for Tomas and this area? Thank you.

LInda

It looks fine. Tomas should move north and be near or east of the Turks and Caicos around Saturday roughly. It is forecast to move rapidly north northeast after that.

I'm leaving SAn Juan at 8:30pm Sunday with a sea day on Monday, supposedly St Lucia on Tuesday and by then, I assume this Tomas will have gone poof, right?

I am fine with rocking seas but I have a couple of cruise virgins with me. Are the seas going to be horrible or should they be alright? Also, once we leave San Juan, should that way be ok? It's St Lucia, ST Maarten, Antigua, Barbados and St Croix.

My main concern is GETTING to SAn Juan.

Archived