genoa to milan

mary.g

Does anyone have any suggestions, we have to get from Genoa to Milan on the 19th(arrival date)to catch a flight that evening to Belgrade? Is the port close to the railway station? I sense that train travel will probably be the best mode of travel but am open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance. We are soooo looking forward to our trip now. We will be flying in from Vancouver,Canada the day before we depart and hope to meet up with friends that evening so will not be able to make the pre cruise party but look forward to meeting everyone on board. Mary:)

Hi Mary:

The Stazione Principe is only a five minute taxi ride from the MSC cruise terminal. Trenitalia service is very good and we found it easy to purchase tickets at the station, very reasonable too. Check out Trenitalia web site and you,ll see there are frequent intercity trains from Principe to Milan, the trip takes about 1 hour 30 minutes.Local trains are a bit cheaper but take longer. Hope you enjoy your cruise with MSC as much as we did.

Hi Mary

We agree that you are better to travel by train.

The flight Genoa to Milan is about 50 mins but then you have to add on the check in time etc. There is one flight at 12.05 then the next direct one is 17.20. Other than that there is a 3hr 15min flight at 15.15 Genoa/Rime/Milan - not advisable :-)

So I can make the name badge for 2nd April GTG please can you let me have name of your good husband. Thank you. We look forward to your joining us all.

If something goes wrong on 1st and you are not able to meet friends well join us at Goosbys. You will be welcome.

Interested in St. Thomas open air bus tour?

Mary - The train cost 17.61 for 1st class and 12.96 for 2nd and takes 1-1/2. Maybe the MSC bus would be better seeing your not leaving till late.

Meet you at the GTG party on Apr 1???? or on board.

Marge

Does anyone have any suggestions, we have to get from Genoa to Milan on the 19th(arrival date)to catch a flight that evening to Belgrade? Is the port close to the railway station? I sense that train travel will probably be the best mode of travel but am open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance. We are soooo looking forward to our trip now. We will be flying in from Vancouver,Canada the day before we depart and hope to meet up with friends that evening so will not be able to make the pre cruise party but look forward to meeting everyone on board. Mary:)

Thanks to all of you for the info regarding transport from Genoa to Milan. I look forward to meeting you all in the near future,I'm sure we will have a wonderful cruise. With so many helpful people on board how can we go wrong!Mary.

Archived