ZUIDERDAM CRUISE 2-12-05 by Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

Wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to take pictures of the Zaandam, also. We are cruising on her in March and it was nice to see the new teen area. Glad to hear you had a great experience on HAL. I really enjoyed all your pictures.

Whiskeyman - I appreciate the time you took to post your review &, for what it's worth, I prefer each reviewer of a cruise to start their own thread. I also prefer not to have to read comments not related to the posted topic while reading a thread. That being said, I do realize that I just violated my own preferences to let you know where I stand.

Thanks again for the permission to use your photo for a background. I don't need anything e-mailed - your posted photo was good enough to save directly to the background.

I went back to work today and thought about what I had written to lisa and dakrewser, I am sorry for even bringing it up, Please accept my apology. My intension wasn't to start a turf war. Just to make a point I guess, some agree, some disagree. These boards are for everyone.

And to those who said I did a good job, Thank You.

This trip was 2 fold, one for thanking my wife for 25 great years of marriage and another to get info for first time cruisers and people who have cruised many times and wondered about Holland America. I was asked more than once by the misses why I was talking pictures of this and that. Why I was saving Menus and such. I didn't mind doing any of it because I gained alot of information from this board before I left, and tried to bring back a little bit more to help the next person. I told myself that when I got back that I would post a thread and tell everyone about how our trip was, because I enjoyed reading, and sometimes rereading, other posters expierences.

Once again Thanks.

Whiskeyman...Thanks for the personal review, we also are looking forward to renewal ceremony celebrating 15 happy years together. I've been happy for 10 years, my DH for 5! :D At least that's what she says...Thanks for the menus Whiskeyman..I appreciate all your responses. Bill

I went back to work today and thought about what I had written to lisa and dakrewser

Don't worry about it, worse things have happened before and will again. I did thoroughly enjoy your review and hope to read many more you'll be posting in the future after all the rest of your cruises.

-dave

"Cruises, they're not just for anniversaries any more!"

I went back to work today and thought about what I had written to lisa and dakrewser, I am sorry for even bringing it up, Please accept my apology. My intension wasn't to start a turf war. Just to make a point I guess, some agree, some disagree. These boards are for everyone.

Whiskeyman-No problem, and I apologize as well. It was truly an honest attempt at adding to a conversation and I didn't mean to dampen your wonderful review!

I just want to say that no matter what the misunderstanding (and I apologize for getting in the middle, too), I think both Whiskeyman and Lisa are 2 really terrific people. I certainly knew Lisa meant no harm in posting her review and I hope I said that.

Whiskeyman, I am so impressed with the care you took so you could come back and tell us all about your trip and post all your wonderful pictures. Your DW is one lucky woman and I'll bet she knows that. Of course, I'm sure you're just as lucky;)

I'll just bet both you and Lisa wish you were back being waited on hand and foot about now. Smooth sailing to both of you always.

Whiskeyman, thank you so much for a wonderful detailed review and great pictures! I loved them! My husband and I are going on the Zuiderdam March 26 with another couple who are celebrating their anniversary. I hope my friend's husband is as loving and romantic as you are.

Archived