sernade of the seas 11/7/10

Hearing now about the amount of devastation in St Lucia, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the itinerary.

The death toll apparently is at 14 right now, but expected to climb? It sounds as if Soufriere and Vieux Fort were hit the worst, so perhaps they will go ahead and dock at Castries - hard to tell. I feel badly for the people affected by the storm.

ok the port is closed this week oh no!

How did you find out? Will they take us somewhere else? Is St Kitts near there? I haven't booked excursions yet and am hesitant to do so not being sure what's going on.

YOu would think changes to itinerary would be posted on the RCCL site.

So this was on the front pafe of cruise critics.

"

star2.bmpSerenade of the Seas departed from San Juan for a Southern Caribbean cruise on Sunday, and rather than calling on Curacao, Aruba and Dominica, the ship will now visit Barbados, Antigua, St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Argh. The neurotic side of me really needs to know where we're going! I'm actually getting concerend about flying into SAn Juan, although if the tracking thing is right, it shouldn't be too ibg of a deal.

I guess were going to st lucia nov 9 2010

It's starting to look that way. I still haven't heard back from Spencer Ambrose. We leave early Saturday morning; I'm hoping for an email from him before then. I'm not sure what our "backup plan" is going to be.... I was going to book us on the RCCL catamaran cruise to the pitons w/a snorkel stop, thinking that might be a viable option - but now it's too late to book, we have to wait until we're onboard. :(

I'm hoping for more info tomorrow & Friday re: conditions on the island. It sounds like they're getting things back together faster than they originally thought they would be able to, so that's good news.

Hey...Adammovies...you should go to our roll call. It will be great to meet you. I am taking a tour with Frank's Tours and Taxi. His facebook shows a lot of devastation. He is going to take us on an island tour and we will see the Pitons from a distance. We won't be able to go to the volcano or waterfall.

Archived