Non-ship excursions and tendering

KJHorton

We are thinking of booking with Nativeway. Our ship arrives at 8 am and the excursion leaves at 9. Has anyone ever had difficulty with tendering and actually missed a non-ship excursion? Are the companies good at waiting for their passengers or do you lose your money? Thanks.

We just got back from our cruise yesterday. We did Nativeway with the 9:00 tour and was tendered onto the island by 7:45 with plenty of time to spare. We went down to get a tender at 7:30 and we were 5th in line and our tender only had about 20 people onboard. Seemed like all the crowds were still upstairs having their breakfast. We decided to skip breakfast and just brought some fruit with us to eat in case we got hungry. After our tour was completed at around 12:00 we tendered back to the ship, had lunch, showered and then tendered back onto the island again to do some shopping.

We also just got back and had booked with Nativeways. Just get in line for the tenders. They announce that only those with tours meeting in the theatre (Royal Caribbean tours) can get on the early tenders. WE told them that we had not booked w/ Royal Carib. but needed to get off. At first they told us that we would need to wait but we talked them into letting us on. My suggestion is to just get in line and not say anything at all about who you booked with.

• 1 month later...
Any other comments from others? I'm booked on Carnival Victory and a first-timer.

Been on Victory, but not Western Caribbean. For best results, try to get in the first two tender ticket groups. They always seem to call groups 1&2 together.

To get the lower tender ticket numbers, you need to follow what they tell you to do. In general, get up early and get in line wherever they will be handing out the tender stickers. On my recent Valor cruise, I would be in line about 45 minutes BEFORE they were going to start handing the stickers out and always had a low number.

Once I got the tender stickers, had lots of time to eat breakfast, finish getting ready. etc. They would announce on the PA system when they would start calling tender ticket numbers.

They may well do things different on Victory - for example be ready to go WHEN you get the stickers. This is how is was when I was on the Conquest last Nomember. Within minutes of receining my tender sticker, I was headed for a tender.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually checking tender tickets/stickers, but there is always a first time.

We just got off the Valor and had a great time. Our first stop was Grand Cayman. We went ashore and played on our own. When we got back to the pier the line for the tender was about 200 yards long. Over a 2 hour wait in the hot sun. There were at least 6 big ships in the bay. Way too many for the number of local tenders. Next time I go thereand there's more than three ship I'm calling it a sea day and visit with Captain Morgan.

Winemaker

Archived