Packaged Air

stompy

You have to have a valid res # without any air reservations on it and you have to have paid your deposit before they will let you access flights and fares

I don't like that. On the flight I am looking at, the difference between a non-refundable air (with $175 penalty) and flex fare (refundable up until 60 days before the cruise) is $160. I plan to book it flex and watch for better prices. Does that mean I can't even get into it if I have a reservation? What if I wanted to change my dates or (gasp!) cancel? Would I have to call them?

• 4 weeks later...
Put the cruise on 24 Hr. hold and you will get a reservation number. You then can check choice air

I was wondering how do to that. It made it harder to price compare by not being able to see it.

I am glad I was able to book my TA long enough ago, that I was still able to get Royal Air. It is going to save me several hundred dollars. One way tickets from Barcelona to Atlanta have been consistently running at about $1400+ pp. And my Royal Air will also include my leg to Galveston (which would have been cheap, I know).

I would never have considered the cruise airfare, if it wasn't for the TA portion. I wonder if they get it cheaper, because on the flip side they are 'reserving' a seat for someone taking the TA the other way in the fall.

The only other time I used a cruise line for airfare was when I went to Antarctica. It was only $900 a person to Ushuaia, which I could never have met trying to book on my own, over the New years holidays.

Archived