Possibly a dumb question RE: Price Drop

Amerz_5

We're currently booked for our first cruise in an E2 stateroom for the 11/29 Navigator sailing. The D1 and D2 staterooms are cheaper than we paid for our room. Can I "upgrade" and get OBC for the price difference?

We're currently booked for our first cruise in an E2 stateroom for the 11/29 Navigator sailing. The D1 and D2 staterooms are cheaper than we paid for our room. Can I "upgrade" and get OBC for the price difference?

Give them a call for sure. You should definitely be able to upgrade your cabin. Be persistent in requesting the difference in OBC, with understanding. :)

Since you booked in July and are now well past the final payment date you are eligible for the category upgrade.

I'm not so sure about the OBC for the price difference though.

I'm certainly not saying that you can't also get the OBC for the remaining price difference between what you paid for your E2 and what the D1 and D2 cabins are priced at now but I would find it surprising if you do.

I guess my logic behind that is if they won't give you OBC for a price drop in your current category, why would they give a category upgrade and OBC for the difference?

I would be curious to find out the outcome...would you mind letting us know how it works out for you?

I upgraded from an E1 to a JS and had the money credited back on the AdOTS a couple of months ago.

I shall reap the rewards of my luck next week when we sail

Did you book your cruise before or after the May 17, 2010 price drop policy change? OP booked their cruise after the new price drop policy went into effect.

If your cruise was booked prior to May17/10 when the new pricing policy came into effect, you should be able to to upgrade and get an OBC for the difference as long as the new pricing isn't for new bookings only.

Upon checking your sailing date I see that there is standard pricing and Special Pricing Royal Caribbean Sales Event which usually means for new bookings only.

If booked after the above date you probably can't get the lower pricing even if it is the standard one since it is after final payment. I see that this is the case as your roll call posts shows you booked in July/10 as Scott indicated above.

Call RC or your TA to confirm this.

I have a call into my travel agent. I'll let you know what happens.

Thankfully, I'm okay with however this turns out. Ibooked in July this year, so I think I'm probably out of luck. If I get on board credit and an upgrade, great. I only want the upgrade if I get the OBC back. If I don't, that's okay too. I'm pretty happy with the location and room that I have now. The room I have now is center hump. :-)

Archived