Dolphin excursion

looneytunes31419

Hi, My DH and I are going on the Radiance of the Seas On Dec 2nd - 6th 2010 he is going to do a walk down town Cozumel and I want to do the Dolphin Excursion at Checkaob (MS) how ever you spell it.. any way I was wondering is do they do Video with you with the Dolphin's and I know they do Pictures. I would like to have a picture and a video with them. But I am not sure of the cost.. Can anyone please tell me about this and how much the video would be if the do one. And my next question is Do the have lockers for you to put your things in like towels or anything like that, and if they do how much do they cost. I am just trying to figure out my expense and how much I should take with me.. Thanks for any help..

if I remember correctly there was no fee for the lockers.

Yes you can get a video..they give you a "special" if you buy all the pictures and the video. We didn't buy any of it but that was our choice. I didn't feel that the pictures for the price were worth the $. That is only my opinion though. They did allow friends/family to be on the pier while you were in the water with the dolphins though so you could have someone taking video/pictures for you with your own equiptment and get just as good quality...maye better. And the video will be of EVERYONE that was in your tour group. Not just you.

if I remember correctly there was no fee for the lockers.

Yes you can get a video..they give you a "special" if you buy all the pictures and the video. We didn't buy any of it but that was our choice. I didn't feel that the pictures for the price were worth the $. That is only my opinion though. They did allow friends/family to be on the pier while you were in the water with the dolphins though so you could have someone taking video/pictures for you with your own equiptment and get just as good quality...maye better. And the video will be of EVERYONE that was in your tour group. Not just you.

Question regarding the video -

there are 3 of us doing the encounter at 1 and then 2 doing the swim at 2pm. What would think the odds are of them figuring a way to make a video of the two groups?

there will be two videos one of the 1 time slot and one of the 2 times slot. As soon as you are done they lead yo uto a room where they show you the entire video then take you to the gift shop where you purchase (or not) the pictures and/or video.

I appreciate all the info I am getting but does anyone know how much they are meaning the pictures/video or either or. I need to know the cost of them so I will know how much to bring with me when I do the excursion.

All I can tell you is, that in April of this year the cost for the video was $50. I know this because we bought it. We did the Royal Swim. It was great to see each of us doing the Foot Push. First you see it as it happened. They then show it in reverse and then going forward again. I liked this effect.

We decided not to buy the pictures as we had our own underwater camera and took our own pictures. This worked because there were 3 of us. When we were there they didn't let people on the pier near us. There are different locations around the pier where they do the programs. Where we were it would have been difficult to film. You would have had to use a pretty good zoom. We were way out on the pier, the furthest from the beach. Hope this helps.

Sharon

I don't remember the exact price I just remember that it was like 120 for all our pictures and the video...if we wanted to get all of it. There were 4 of us in our family and the did a picture of each thing you did with the dolphin. But when the pictures were blurry I wasn't about to pay that price and they weren't going to give us a break for the ones that they messed up on. I enjoyed getting to be with the dolphin but hated that it seemed they were more worried about getting a great picture than making sure we had a good experience with the dolphin. I expected really great pictures when I went to look at them.....and they were the same quality as I get from my point and shoot digital camera.....

we did just the dolphin encounter. Maybe the other things are a little better than that. And our guuide was also having a rough day. he got to us late so he was rushing with us and was getting frustrated when my children couldn't stand still in the waves. We still had a great time.

Archived