boat ride to ambergris caye

grams98

The boat ride from Belize City to Ambergris Caye is a bit long and can be bumpy, there is also "airline" service between Belize City and Ambergris that takes about 20 mins, we have used it many times in the past and it works out well, there are two companies that do it, Tropic Air and Maya Island Air Service. We have always used Maya Island and they are great.

You might be uncomfortable with the small plane, but you might be REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE puking your guts out on the bumpy boat ride over.

I agree with Flying Pirate. Take the quick cab ride over to the municiple airport and use Maya Air. Fast and a beautiful view of the many cayes and the reef.

We did this on our last cruise. After seeing AC, we went back for a week this last Sept.

You might be uncomfortable with the small plane, but you might be REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE puking your guts out on the bumpy boat ride over.

I agree with Flying Pirate. Take the quick cab ride over to the municiple airport and use Maya Air. Fast and a beautiful view of the many cayes and the reef.

We did this on our last cruise. After seeing AC, we went back for a week this last Sept.

Or the other airline, Newer planes. And more

flights.

now i really want to go, but can't brig mysef to do the itte planes; i was thinking i wold double up on the dramamine? or is it so bad of a boat ride that even that wonn't work??? thanks grams98

I guess you have a problem. The little planes really are nothing. But then I don't have that kind of fear and don't understand it. I know people have it but I don't, so I can't relate.

I'd say "man up", take your dramamine and do it. You'll only be sick for a hour or so both ways.:o

Anyways....is this the ferry that you are taking or an independent tour that goes to AC? I assume you are on a cruise coming into Belize City.

Is this a ship sponsored trip? If so, I'm curious as to which cruise line.

Some friends own a bar on AC and while they were away recently, their employees said a cruise ship tender came over from Belize City. Really???

Anyone heard of this??

it is a cruise sponsored excursion, starting from belize city cruise ship terminal, or somewhere around there, and going first to shark ray alley and then to AC--it sounds wonderful; and i love boat rides, i just ge sea sick--go figure. anyway, sounds like good advice, to "man up"--and double up on the meds and enjoy the whole day--it is very reasonably priced, too. thanks for all of the info--the videos make me want to move there--grams98

it is a cruise sponsored excursion, starting from belize city cruise ship terminal, or somewhere around there, and going first to shark ray alley and then to AC--it sounds wonderful; and i love boat rides, i just ge sea sick--go figure. anyway, sounds like good advice, to "man up"--and double up on the meds and enjoy the whole day--it is very reasonably priced, too. thanks for all of the info--the videos make me want to move there--grams98

grams, what cruise line and which ship will you be sailing on?

Whoops just read the title of your post. Hmmm Norweigian Spirit. I wonder if this is something new for them?

this is our first time on ncl--and first time to belize--not sure if its new or not--but we love to snorkel and explore--hope we have nice weather, that should make the ride smoother grms98

When do you go?

I've only sailed with NCL once before. I didn't realize they had an excursion to AC.

Got on their website to read about it. You'll love the snorkeling at Hol Chan.

Archived