Carnival Destiny cabin decor

VIPERTRUCK

Is it just me or is the decor in these cabins striaght out of the 1980's? I it up and this ship was built in 1996, seems much older. This will be my first Carnival cruise having been on a few NCL and a DCL. I guess I'm not going to be starring at the walls all day anyway!!! I just hope the beer is cold and pool nice and sunny!!!

Is it just me or is the decor in these cabins striaght out of the 1980's? I it up and this ship was built in 1996, seems much older. This will be my first Carnival cruise having been on a few NCL and a DCL. I guess I'm not going to be starring at the walls all day anyway!!! I just hope the beer is cold and pool nice and sunny!!!

If the pics that you're looking at show pink bed covers, those are old, outdated pics.

Cabin furniture is still the same, but they have "freshened" up the decor. The Destiny now has the Comfort Bed System with the white duvet covers and the bed runners & curtains in muted gold colors. Carpeting has also been updated.

The beds are as Tapi described them, and since they take up so much space in the cabin, the white actually dominates. The sofas are a peachy-pink leather(ette?), the walls are peachy-beige and the desk/bedside tables/closet doors are light wood laminate. The bathrooms are a brighter version of the peachy-pink. It sounds a little garish, but really not so bad...I guess you'll have to see it and judge for yourself. Overall, the Destiny's decor was a bit surprising to us (Carnival first-timers two weeks ago). It was actually much more subdued than we'd expected.

Happy Sails,

Annette

i thought the Destiny was a far nicer ship than the NCL Star where we had to book a mini-suite to get same sized cabin as standard CCL cabin w/sofa bed (although the bathrooms were swell on the Star). CCL ships we've enjoyed are a bit over-the top vegas-y but we personally like vegas.;)

DCL decor (and service) is hard to beat, but we're happy enough to sail other lines, as long as everything works, it's clean, the beds are comfy and the price is right.:)When pricing out DCL inside cabin, we find we could typically could book 2 CCL cruises, on far more interesting itineraries! for a real treat, book one of the aft cabins on the Destiny, they are amazing! despite the cabin having odd configuration it was plenty roomy for my party of 3 considering we spent most of our time on the three-sided balcony. Im told all the tv sets are being upgraded to flat screens

miamidestiny269.jpg

miamidestiny270.jpg

miamidestiny271.jpg

Yeah it looks a lot better in your pictures with the natural light coming in. We have an aft view balcony on deck 7 booked for next October. Others we are traveling with have the odd shaped aft stairway balcony rooms on deck 6. Have a great weekend everyone!

The Destinys cabin didn't seem much different than what we had on the Glory or Liberty, just a little older. Her bathrooms were where serious updates were needed.

One odd thing about Destiny, her rooms have a radio type thing built in that plays three or four channels of music. The control is on the wall, right above the bed. I have never seen that on any other ship.

Archived