Using the pool on an Alaksan cruise

Mom128

Hi all,

Newbie, 1st timer at cruising. My DDs (9 and 13) and myself are planning on taking an Alaskan cruise in June 2011. They are super concerned with a pool slide and fun pool activities while on board. Here is my question.

Can you use the pool during an Alaskan cruise or is the water or air too cool for it?

Thx!

We have been to Alaska twice in June with NCL (both trips were wonderful), the first time it was in the low 70's to low 80's, second time high 50's low 60's. It is basically a personal decision on whether you want to swim or not. This last trip which was chilly and drizzling, we saw a lot of the kids in the pool and hot tub (not so many adults though). The weather can go either way, you won't know until you go, but take the bathing suits anyway just in case.

It was too cold for the outside pool. I did see one guy swimming the whole week outdoors, but there is also an indoor pool on the ship I was on. That was busy. We did use the hot tubs out on the deck and had a drink watching the breathtaking scenery. Enjoy!

We used the indoor spa facility. It was too cold in early May for the pool. Great view from the spa!

A great idea for adults, but just want to make sure Mom128 knows that her girls won't have that option and that adult spa passes for access to the indoor spa facilities cost extra.

beachchick

If they are anything like the kid in my family, they'll swim in the pools.. (the pools are heated and of course so are the hot tubs).. my family (28 of us) spent last Thanksgiving in a house on the Outter Banks in North Carolina... thanksgiving afternoon while all of the adults were in heavy cloths the kids got into the ocean... nothing was going to stop them from getting in the water. They had a blast!! (and the ocean is certainly not heated)

Archived