Best beach snorkeling?

3LittleBirds

Antigua isn't known for great snorkeling off the beach. The water, while clean is somewhat cloudy.

That's what I have read so far, but I was hoping someone might have a good "secret". How about a good beach bar? We're thinking about going to Vally Church beach and heard The Nest is pretty good?

That's what I have read so far, but I was hoping someone might have a good "secret". How about a good beach bar? We're thinking about going to Vally Church beach and heard The Nest is pretty good?

The Nest is good but be aware they are closed on Sunday.

Looking for a beach with decent snorkeling and a good beach bar. Any recommendations?

I suggest you look at going down to English Harbour and taking the water taxi over to Galleon Beach (takes a couple of minutes). There is decent snorkelling around the rocks just off the beach, and Calabash Restaurant and Beach Bar.

We have not been to Antigua yet - however our guide (we hired Lawrence for a private tour) suggested we stop at Long Bay Beach for some snorkeling from the shore. He did say it was nice but certainly not the best Island to snorkel during our cruise......

Archived