Southampton car park on Monday

chickenwhisperer

Can someone please tell us about car parking at Southampton. Due on our first trip on QM on Monday. We have decided to drive to the port and leave the car. Do we need to book car parking in advance or just turn up and pay on the day?

Wet and windy on Monday, shame!

Thanks

Car parking arrangements are usually made (and paid for) well in advance of your arrival via CPS (Tel. 02380334883). They then send you a windscreen sticker (to gain your vehicle entrance to the dock area), together with a label to attach to your car key (which contains full details of voyage No., duration, car Reg. No. and dates of departure and arrival.)

You may well be able to obtain car paring on the day, but I would advise telephoning them first in order to confirm that this is available.

Regards,

David

Can someone please tell us about car parking at Southampton. Due on our first trip on QM on Monday. We have decided to drive to the port and leave the car. Do we need to book car parking in advance or just turn up and pay on the day?

Wet and windy on Monday, shame!

Thanks

The parking on Monday at Southampton is different to usual in that (assuming that you are on the 2 day trip to Cherbourg) you will self park and retain your keys rther than giving the car to a valet parking attendant to look after for you, If you trip is longer then I assume they will have the valet option. But you must book your car in, go to http://www.cruiseparking.co.uk/site/booking/book_02.asp asap and book it in.

Excellent information, thank you David and captain. CPS send a booking package through the post, so I think we have left it too late. Very useful information for next time though. We are only 45 mins from Southampton so will just get a taxi.

We may see you on board Captain. I understand there is a cc meet 5pm in commodore club.

Regards

Excellent information, thank you David and captain. CPS send a booking package through the post, so I think we have left it too late. Very useful information for next time though. We are only 45 mins from Southampton so will just get a taxi.

We may see you on board Captain. I understand there is a cc meet 5pm in commodore club.

Regards

If you visit C & PS site you will see that the screens are still active for Mondays trip so I think you could book it if you would rather do that than get a cab both ways. As to the Commodore Club meeting, yes 5pm, I will be the one with a Ginger Cosmo..:eek:

Regards

If you visit C & PS site you will see that the screens are still active for Mondays trip so I think you could book it if you would rather do that than get a cab both ways. As to the Commodore Club meeting, yes 5pm, I will be the one with a Ginger Cosmo. I look forward to meeting you :eek:

The parking on Monday at Southampton is different to usual in that (assuming that you are on the 2 day trip to Cherbourg) you will self park and retain your keys rther than giving the car to a valet parking attendant to look after for you, If you trip is longer then I assume they will have the valet option. But you must book your car in, go to http://www.cruiseparking.co.uk/site/booking/book_02.asp asap and book it in.

Thanks for putting matters straight Capn'. Have never done a 2-day trip, and assumed that the CPS service would be as per usual. Just goes to show that one should never assume!

Regards,

David

Thanks for this information Captain :) Useful information we will just have to wait and see where QM2 docks on Monday. If it's a windy as forecast I suspect we may be at the QEII terminal as they have problems with the ocean terminal in windy conditions.

Thanks for this information Captain :) Useful information we will just have to wait and see where QM2 docks on Monday. If it's a windy as forecast I suspect we may be at the QEII terminal as they have problems with the ocean terminal in windy conditions.

Hi Stephen, Have a great trip, hope the weather stays good for you.

We have booked a trip RCI for next August, just wanted a week but unfortunately Cunard only have a 2 week trip for the dates we wanted.

Catherine

If you visit C & PS site you will see that the screens are still active for Mondays trip so I think you could book it if you would rather do that than get a cab both ways. As to the Commodore Club meeting, yes 5pm, I will be the one with a Ginger Cosmo..:eek:

Hi capn, I discovered the Ginger Cosmo whilst on board in September after attending the Martini Mixology. It became my favorite martini, just had to have one or two per day.

Have a great trip, will you have time to post with it being a short trip?

Catherine

Archived