Need help -TA took away SBC

blippery

Maybe the TA based the OBC or discount including the other cruise amount, not just this one, so when you cancelled the other cruise it affected her commission.

Iv even heard of TAs who will reduce OBC if you find a price drop which they process and which lowers their commissions.

I think we dont know if the other cruise with with this TA for sure (I reread your post and its not completely clear to me).

My TA that I have had for 5 years reduces OBC if there is a price drop, seems fair to me, also about a year ago they lowered my %, claimed RCI reduced their take. I have a feeling the agency just took more of a cut...who knows, I have been pleased with their service.

However, I agree with the many TAs who are posting, OP your TA offered to much and should have been up front with the error when you cancelled the other cruise. Time for a new TA.

My TA that I have had for 5 years reduces OBC if there is a price drop, also about a year ago they lowered my %, claimed RCI reduced their take. I have a feeling the agency just took more of a cut...who knows, I have been pleased with their service.

If they didn't make their "quota" then they could have lost % . It all depends on volume, exceeding overrides etc.

I am the OP and I don't shop sbc. I don't shop TA's. Booking with RCCL directly from the onset I told them I would transfer it to a TA. I think it is to your advantage to have an experienced TA. After a lengthy illness I want to travel while I can. I believe in paying for what you get. I don't expect Walmart prices from a full service agency. I do expect when I bring clients they are not cheated $200 because I canceled a cruise. It makes the TA look bad and me for recommending her. If it was conditional upon my cruise it should have been clearly stated to the others booking with her. We each paid for our own. As previous reply stated she knew that after final payment transferring would be difficult. We asked her to confirm sbc before final payment which she did then made final payment. My cruise that I canceled was before final payment. And yes I canceled a cruise with her not because I wanted more sbc. However I did use her for a cruise for $16000+ in September also I booked insurance, so yes she did make good commissions and I brought her 6 other bookings. So No I am not using TA's and transferring one to another. When you can't get a hold of your TA, when you ask them what flights you are on and they won't respond and then you find out I am booked on a redeye and that was a condition of me buying the cruise , then it is time to get a TA that you work well with. It should be great experience not stress. You treat people like you want to be treated. I believe in that.

I am the OP and I don't shop sbc. I don't shop TA's. Booking with RCCL directly from the onset I told them I would transfer it to a TA. I think it is to your advantage to have an experienced TA. After a lengthy illness I want to travel while I can. I believe in paying for what you get. I don't expect Walmart prices from a full service agency. I do expect when I bring clients they are not cheated $200 because I canceled a cruise. It makes the TA look bad and me for recommending her. If it was conditional upon my cruise it should have been clearly stated to the others booking with her. We each paid for our own. As previous reply stated she knew that after final payment transferring would be difficult. We asked her to confirm sbc before final payment which she did then made final payment. My cruise that I canceled was before final payment. And yes I canceled a cruise with her not because I wanted more sbc. However I did use her for a cruise for $16000+ in September also I booked insurance, so yes she did make good commissions and I brought her 6 other bookings. So No I am not using TA's and transferring one to another. When you can't get a hold of your TA, when you ask them what flights you are on and they won't respond and then you find out I am booked on a redeye and that was a condition of me buying the cruise , then it is time to get a TA that you work well with. It should be great experience not stress. You treat people like you want to be treated. I believe in that.

It certainly is disappointing,embarrassing and frustrating but sometimes we deal with people and agencies that just don't get it. TIME FOR A CHANGE!

BTW..IMHO good customer service should have nothing to do with how much $$$ is spent or how many clients someone brings in, and it appears these factors were certainly was not important to your TA.......so....TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!!

Archived