Meet and Greets

kiwi121210

Our annual Thanksgiving cruise has us meet up after the safety drill at the aft pool bar wearing Charger Jerseys and Madi Gras beads.

Wearing colorful beads and meeting at a bar for sail away are the method most used on the roll calls I have participated in.

Our annual Thanksgiving cruise has us meet up after the safety drill at the aft pool bar wearing Charger Jerseys and Madi Gras beads.

Wearing colorful beads and meeting at a bar for sail away are the method most used on the roll calls I have participated in.

Woo hoo, go CHARGERS :D

....Madi Gras beads.

The only thing about Mardi Gras beads is "everyone" uses them. We've been on cruises before where our Meet and Greet group wore Mardi Gras beads, then there was a group of Quilters who were also wearing MG beads and another group of Square Dances who also had beads on.

Everyone, it seemed, was meeting up with other groups and while it was nice it defeated the purpose of meeting people from Cruise Critic.

One idea might be to wear a certain color of tee-shirt (say white) with Hawaiin Lei. You can easily find them at party stores or crafts stores like Michaels.

No offense but as a Saints Fan :p you would never find me wearing a Charger's :eek: shirt.

GEAUX SAINTS!

I have been to a M & G before where people brought a small trinket/gift that represented the area where they were from and we had a gift exchange. It was a really fun way to get to know everyone and where they were from, and everyone that wanted to participate brought & received a neat gift!:D It was nothing expensive or over the top. For example I brought a handmade wooden box that had a pic of the Natural Bridge on it, and a couple other little things inside the box, because the bridge is only about 8 miles from my home :) Just a thought, like I said it was alot of fun. In exchange I got some coffee and spices from Texas. It was really cool and I would do it again in a second!:cool:

We usually do our meet and greets the second day - the first day is for us and our family. We usually meet right after lunch at the aft bar - mid ship Lido is usually too loud and busy. We wear Mardi gras beads - we exchange pins - I bring Canada flag pins and usually get city pins from our Mayor as well. They are small, free and a lot of people collect pins. We talk about what excursions we are going on, what we are going to do for the day and if people want to join in - great and if not - that is okay too. We are usually loosy goosy so no one feels obligated to do things. I am still friends and in contact with different people from rollcalls and meet and greet.

we have done mardi gras beads, bandanas and pink on various cruises for M&G. other times we have had meetings arranged by the cruise line, and one time exchanged inexpensive gifts from our states. always interesting. just remember that it seems only half who say they will attend the meeting, do. but fun, non the less.

Beverly

We just returned from a week on the Spirit for our annual Halloween cruise. Although we had a Meet & Greet at sail-a-way, we also had "Wine Night" the second night.

Since you are allowed to bring a bottle per person and our cruisers come from all over the states and Canada, we thought it would be fun to bring a favorite wine from home to share with everyone.

Everyone met at a specified cabin prior to dinner and sampled the different wines that were brought.

Makes for a different type of Meet & Greet, and another way to get to know one another. Good time.

No offense but as a Saints Fan :p you would never find me wearing a Charger's :eek: shirt.

Hey, don't forget we gave you Drew Brees.:p I could probably get you a Brees Charger jersey for cheap.

Since my annual Thanksgiving cruise leaves from San Diego, that is why we are wearing Charger jerseys, but we welcome everyone to wear the jersey of their choice.

Lots of great ideas on here. And Bethaniesmom is right, only about half show up, but sometimes you get a group that just clicks, which is what happened to me with the Thanksgiving group. This will be year three for us and we all met on Cruise Critic.

For the Liberty Looney CC group cruise, we are all wearing the following for our Meet and Greet: :eek:

r16392.jpg

Sorry Folks, this one escaped from the Looney Bin, I'll see if I can get her back where she belongs

Mimi, get back in your cage!

we are going on the liberty on the 13th of November and for some of us we are meeting in Miami the night before cruise at Pinks for dinner and then when on ship we are all meeting on the first cruise at the ice cream machine on the aft lido deck at 9 30 for a meet and greet. We are a lively group and fun group on board.

we are going on the liberty on the 13th of November and for some of us we are meeting in Miami the night before cruise at Pinks for dinner and then when on ship we are all meeting on the first cruise at the ice cream machine on the aft lido deck at 9 30 for a meet and greet. We are a lively group and fun group on board.

i like the idea of meeting for dinner the night before. never thought of that...

i like the idea of meeting for dinner the night before. never thought of that...

If you live in a port city, you can meet before the cruise. Our Thanksgiving group met for the first time at a local winery about a month before we sailed. Or if someone else is on the roll call in a city or town near you, you can do the same, have a pre-cruise meet & greet.

On the 2nd voyage of the Carnival Dream, we had an awesome meet and greet. We reserved a room had bar service, and Music.

After the Meet and Greet we did a cabin crawl poker run. Everyone who wanted to participate paid $5.00 each. We Split the number of people into equal teams. Then we had a volunteer host for each catagory of cabin. We cabin crawled all of the cabins from 1A to Cat 12 and in certain cabins there was a deck of cards, and most cabins had a snack or drink. The representive for each team drew a card and the team with the best 5 card hand won and the team with the worst five card hand got there $5.00 entry fee back. Winning team won $95.00 each My team had the worst hand so we got our $5.00 back.

It was a fun way to get to know one another, explore the ship, view all of the cabins and have a chance to win some money.

Which ship? When? It does make a difference!!!

:)

Well on our next cruise (Carnival Dream 11/27), we are doing:

A pre cruise dinner at Grills

Pre cruise drinks at Radisson

Meet and Greet w/optional gift exchange

Slot Pull

Cabin Crawl

Roll Call members can pick and choose which events they want to take part in. In my experience, the more "events" you have to chose from, the higher participation level, because people can pick which ones interest them the most. But as someone said, it is vacation, so of course some people will not show up.... their loss:)

On 1 past cruise we also organized a group tour of the Baths, we had almost 50 people travel to the Baths on Virgin Gorda as a group. It helped us receive a discount, and it was a lot of fun.

Which ship? When? It does make a difference!!!

:)

The Spirit out of San Diego. That would be why the Charger jerseys.:D

It's kind of the same thing as someone else suggested, wearing the same color shirt. It's easy to spot a pack of those jerseys.

The When is Thanksgiving.

I have arranged M&G on Carnival, Princess, HAL, Azamara, and Oceania but did not get as fancy as most-I just contacted the cruise line via their 'contact us' on their website. I usually(on Princess in Feb. it will be first sea day), but all the others were scheduled right after the boat drill and the cruise line picked the location, resererved it for us, put out signage, and served coffee,tea, water, and cookies and then most times showed

up with OJ for the kids and mimosas for the adults and officers came and talked to us. I just made name tags with their CC name and their real names, if given. It was a quick social but let us all meet being we had been talking to for months on CC plus meet people we were going on private tours. I did join one started by someone else on RC and we wore mardi gras beads and met at the pool bar right after the boat drill, but it was so loud plus others not in our CC groups were mingled in with everyone that it got a little confusing.

Archived