Captain's Club Perks

Bridge Maven

How important are Captain's Club Perks to you when booking a cruise?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. How important are Captain's Club Perks to you when booking a cruise?

• I always book Celebrity for this reason
    • I think they are a nice bonus but not the deciding factor
    • They don't enter my decision making process at all
    • Other - comment below

Or--novel idea--stop making judgments about people.

I list my cruises in my signature because it helps me keep track of them. If I want to know what year I went, it's all there. So I do it for me, but it has also helped me connect with people I formerly cruised with.

Happy Cruiser, I keep my sign and sail cards in an album so I can remember the dates when I was on a particular ship. It has been helpful when I make a reservation on a cruise line I have only been on once and they want to know if I ever sailed with them before.

My wife and I are about to go on our first Cruise as Elite and I'm really looking forward to experiencing it. I don't think we are snobbish, but we sure do like the idea of being rewarded for our loyalty to Celebrity Cruises with some nice perks and some real money savers.

If you were offering me an identical itinerary and similar ship with another cruise line I'm naturally going to take Celebrity for my Elite perks... I feel I've earned them!

Pre-dinner drinks hour here we come :cool:

We are elite (not boasting, promise!). While it is very nice to get free laundry (especially now with the luggage restrictions), to get free internet and capuccinos in the morning. (The free drinks don't mean too much to us. We can take them or leave them), SERVICE, respect of the stafftowards the consumer and safety are the prime issues for us.

We were victims on the Century, Oct. 13th and in a crisis, the captain and his officers made a nice disappearing act, leaving the "dirty work" to dancers, shopkeepers and entertainment staff. Most of the 1800 passengers were left to their own devices (or lack of) to make arrangements for alternate plans.

It was a disorganized, unprofessional MESS. There was absolutely no leadership.

Needless to say, this has tarnished my confidence in Celelbrity.

I have concentrated most of my cruising $$$ on RCCL so I could get to Diamond level fairly quickly - Since Celebrity reciprocates with Elite this is good.

While I don't sail with RCCL ships exclusively, my search for my next cruise begins with RC and C and I only look elsewhere if they don't have what I'm looking for for the dates I need.

I will say that RC has reduced their perks this year (can't speak for C just yet) and I was very disappointed with the discount booklet and other perks on my last RC sailing (Grandeur in July). We'll see how C rates in December on the Century.

But to answer the question, the perks (including discount booklet) are very important to me.

I think in general there are too many Elites any more, so the perks don't seem that special. I haven't had priority boarding in forever, priority seating in dining room seems to be meaningless, etc., the Michael's Club thing is nice but lately we've been booking suites and I'd rather have any "special treatment" as it were delivered right to my room. If I'm going to get a room service upgrade or special gifty thing, bring it to me! Less and less inclined to get dressed up in pants to go to stuff at inconvenient hours, aka, wine tastings on a nice sea day (I'll be in the sun!) or the cocktails in Michael's Club is TOO early when we have late seating dinner. Even the laundry coupon isn't that good, can't use like the last 2-3 days? So not so helpful. Actually the best perks I like are booking a suite on HAL...now those perks rock! Anyhow, just my humble opinions.

Jeff

Archived