Currently sailing on the Dawn?

Knightcruiser

We're cruising next week...can you give us any details as to how the embarkation process went on Sunday, how much time you had to wait at the pier before boarding, did the Dawn depart on time, etc? Also, did you experience rough seas on your first day? Anything else you want to tell us would be appreciated!

Thanks!

It can really vary as to what time the ship comes in. I was on the 2/10/05 Dawn cruise. The ship was 4hrs late coming in and embarkation didn't start till 3:30 or so. We went up by bus arrived at 12 noon and our bus was turned away and told to drive around NYC for 2hrs and come back around 2pm....which we did only to be turned away again telling us to drive around another 2hrs but the bus driver this time refused. He was told that they were just disembarking now (that was at 2:30pm). The security officer told us to sit tight and he would find a spot for the bus. We finally got off the bus around 3:00pm. They started embarkation around 3:30pm. We had no problem with embarkation paperwork. I was surprised that when we boarded there was no one there to greet us and we had to find our own way to our cabin. We arrived back in NYC at 9am (1 hr late) on 2/20/05. We were told it can take 2-3 hrs before embarkation starts. Then they start with the non-USA passengers which can take some time. We were the second catagory to be called and that was around 1:00pm. I would keep an eye on the webcam and you can see if the ship is running on time.

Hi Knightcruiser and Wannacruisealot.......

Have been on the Dawn twice, once on the 7 day to Bahamas, and once on the 10 day Exotic Southern Cruise. Both times, the seas were quite rough for the first two nights. I don't know if it has to do with cruising in the winter (Dec and Feb) or.....the Atlantic is just choppy in general.

Neither time did we have to wait to embark. Hopefully, that is just a "once in a blue moon" occurrence, and you will have no problems. We were always on the ship by 12:30 or 1Pm.

Have a great time!!!!

Barbara:)

Archived