excursions

You don't say whether you have sailed before or not so forgive me if I sound patronising. I would suggest that you have a look at the list of excursions available on Thomsons web site. At least that way you will know what's available and get some ideas. My best friend in preparing to travel anywhere is tripadvisor.com. It's an invaluable source of information.

hi we are flying to sharm on 25th nov 1st week stay 2nd week cruise,can anyone tell us some good excursions to go on and best place to book them from.many thanks.

Hi,

You can also do a 'Search' on this forum for info on different trips. Tina's suggestion of checking out the Thomson cruise website is a good one. (Look under ports of call - not only do they describe many of the trips, the prices are generally displayed too.) Your ticket booklet should be arriving soon and that too has excursion info included - although it may not give details of all that is on offer once you get on board. Once you have an idea of want appeals, you can try the search option on this site.

At the top right of the table of discussion threads (Thomson site) there is a 'Search this Forum' box. Enter key words eg Cairo or Pyramid excursion etc. and all the threads which contain information on this trip will appear. You can read what others have posted - and there is quite a lot. As it's a Thomson site and most passengers at least on this cruise choose to use Thomson you will get specific details on their excursions. Because of security issues and lack of taxi firms etc operating from the ports (complete opposite to the Caribbean for example) most people stick to Thomson excursions.

There is quite a lot of info on this forum about the Pyramids/Petra etc but I'm sure after doing some research you have further queries about details, there will be plenty on here who will be able to answer your specific questions.

In the meantime, I would say Petra is a must - expensive but a real 'Wow' factor. It does involve a fair bit of walking though. The Wadi Rum trip was also great - but again you would have to be able to climb up into the jeeps.

We didn't do the Luxor overnight but I wish we had! This is an excursion intensive trip because the ports are really only access points for the big attractions - so if you want to see the main sites, excursions are a must. Happy researching - and enjoy your trip. ;)

hi we are flying to sharm on 25th nov 1st week stay 2nd week cruise,can anyone tell us some good excursions to go on and best place to book them from.many thanks.

do you want advice on what excursions might be available during your 1st week stay in Sharm or during the cruise?

Apparently there are a lot of excursions availble and doing a web search for reviews will help.

do you want advice on what excursions might be available during your 1st week stay in Sharm or during the cruise?

Apparently there are a lot of excursions availble and doing a web search for reviews will help.

hi there, we have been on 2 cruises before, eastern med and canaries but this time i dont think we would chance anything other than proper tours off the cruise but just wondered peoples views and advice on what was worth doing or not doing.also any info on what you get this year in all inclusive drinks as it seems to change each year.we have not been to egypt before so any info would be good..cheers

Archived