Private tour with Beno or Bumpiing Tours?

LS78

Hey all,

Myself and my husband are on the Azura in Feb and have been looking into tours in Dominca. We want to do the usual Emerald Pool, Trafalgar Falls, Champagne reef and have been offered a choice of 2 private tours with Beno at $220 for the 2 of us (taking in a choice of sites and around 5 hours) or a tour with Bumpiing (his Rosseau Valley Best Hike) which takes in Middleham Falls, Titou Gorge, and possibly Champagne Reef and is 6 to 7 hours (and champagne reef is only if time)

Do you think we would be better paying the extra for the private tour? Also I worry if 7 hours is too long as I dont know exact port times and could this be pushing it?

Any advice would be appreciated as they all sound amazing!

Thanks

Laura

We've enjoyed tours with Bumpiing twice in Dominica and I have nothing but praise for the company! (our guide was Gary). The first time we were with a small group of folks on the Roseau Valley Treasures tour (I think that is what it was called) with an optional stop at Champagne Reef (that was in 2009). And now we just returned home from another cruise that also stopped in Dominica. I arranged for our group of 10 to have a private tour of Emerald Pool, Titou Gorge and Champagne Reef (also with Gary). He is great guide and I know that Levi is also a great guide. They are very aware of the cruise ship schedule...no worries. The snorkeling at Champagne Reef this time was some of the best we've ever seen! Excellent experience with Bumpiing both times and I've also recommended them to friends who said it was a highlight of their cruise. Enjoy Dominica....it is a lovely island.

Thanks Snowcat - we have booked the Roseau Treasures with Bumpiing. We did think about the Roseau Best which has the Middleham hike in it but it sounded hardcore and I didnt want to feel shattered at the end and miss a Valentines day meal haha. The treasures looks good though so cant wait :-)

Archived