Shore Dive on St.Croix?

SLC Sailor

Hi,

We are certified divers but haven't been underwater in five+ years. Looking for a tune up dive opportunity in St. Croix and have heard there is decent shore diving on the island. Any recommendations for dive shops and/or locations.

I did a shore dive in St. Croix last year. I will say it it was a pretty great dive, a very nice wall after a short swim out. Be aware how ever depending on the weather the current can be ripping until you get out there, so the swim out and in and be a bit of a work out. The two boat dives I did before hand were far easier dives and just as nice with no effort really required. Lots of great sponge formations, sea horses, frog fish etc on all three dives.. If you want easy go with a boat dive. I used n2 the blue only take small groups we had 6 I think 8 max. Then I went with one of the staff on the shore dive.

I recommend Shoreline Scuba. They are located on St Croix in Fredricksted by the cruise ship pier. Shoreline Scuba specializes on shoreline diving. You can find them at shorelinescuba.com. They will customize a dive and you can get them to make a special day on the island. You can tell them what you would like to do and they will create a dive and tour package for you like The Wall and Rainforest.

Hi,

We are certified divers but haven't been underwater in five+ years. Looking for a tune up dive opportunity in St. Croix and have heard there is decent shore diving on the island. Any recommendations for dive shops and/or locations.

Archived