Celebrity Constellation Panama Canal 1/2/11

Zoiezo

Hello :)

My Husband and I will be taking our Honeymoon in January on the Celebrity Constellation in January. This is our first cruise and I have lots of questions. We port out of San Diego on January 2nd and end in Fort Lauderdale traveling to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico , Acapulco, Mexico ,Huatulco, Mexico ,Puntarenas, Costa Rica ,Panama Canal (Cruising) , Cartagena, Colombia it is for 13 nights.

1) What do people recommend for excursions? My husband wants to snorkle in Cabo and Acapulco.

2) Has anyone done the gondala in Costa Rica? I was looking into that to go through the rainforest and then do the river ride.

3) What do they mean cruising through the Panama Canal? How do you do the excursions? What excursions would you recommend there?

4) Would you do a city tour of Huatulco?

5) Do you think it is worth it to do a beverage package if we are not big drinkers? I like Iced tea and he drinks a lot of water. Are there any free drinks? Should I bring my own tea bags?

6) Any clues as to what is included for free that would be fun, and what about the secrets that are not advertised...like the food, room service etc?

Anything you can tell me would be wonderful!!!

Thank you so very much :D

We have done this cruise 3 times, and really love the Connie. You picked a great ship.

As far as excursions: I would think that Cabo would be best for snorkleing, but others that are more experienced than I will respond.

For cruising through the canal....beautiful scenery and interesting going through the locks. I would just stay on the ship (I think there is one excursion you can go on, through the ship).

In Huatulco we took a very interesting tour to a village, with the ship's excursion. There also may be some interesting snorkleing there. I know the beach is really good, and very near the dock.

Alcapulco...we negociated with one of the private taxi guys for a tour of the city, even though we had been there numerous times. Go to the Alcapulco board on this site (ports of call section) and you will find a lot of good info as well.

You will enjoy the Constellation.

Item #3 Cruising the Canal is your transit through the Canal itself. The way tours operate on transit day is as follows; You stay on the ship through the Pacific Locks, Gaillard Cut and the passage across Gatun Lake. Just before the ship arrives at Gatun Locks (the Atlantic Locks) around noon, the ship will go to anchor and at this point you will tender off the ship to meet your tour. While you are on your tour the ship will lock through Gatun Locks and proceed to Colon, this is where you will rejoin the ship. The docking in Colon is primarily to pick up the touring passengers, no time at Colon to engage a tour.

Alcohol, sodas and bottled water there is a charge, coffee, tea and iced water are generally available all day. Meals in the main dinning room and buffet are included, meals in any of the "specialty" venues are at an additional charge. There will be plenty to eat without an upcharge!

Have a great honeymoon!

Archived