First ever balcony!

Manitoban

I booked a balcony guarantee on MSC Poesia for Dec 5 - 19 cruising. Just got assigned my room - Carducci deck, Cat 10, room 10191. My question is - has anyone ever stayed in this room? It is the last one on the port side just before the balconies jut out. Doesn't look like it will get much light??

Also a question about the wine packages offered. It sounds like you can only get the wine at dinner. I would actually like the wine for my cabin, so I can sit on my balcony and sip. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Hi Manitoban,

I haven't been in that cabin, but I found you a good flickr pic, though it is of the starboard side:

huge II

It looks like the balcony will be a lil bigger, due to the angled part (in the pic there is 1 guy in a blue shirt, and he's standing in that angled-out part).

As far as sunlight, you should be ok whenever the sun is in front of the ship on "your" side. When the sun is behind the ship or fully on the other side, you are only a short walk to the back, where there are nice outside stairwells/mini-decks. Or from there you can go up the steps to Deck 12, which has a very nice and quiet wraparound deck area.

This pic is of port side (and shows all of the aft outer areas), and you can kind of see your balcony here, but not as well as in the starboard photo:

Big boat, small boat

Sorry, I'm not sure about the wine. I have read several posts saying that you can pack a couple of bottles in your luggage, and they'll probably come through to you without a hassle, if you want to try this ...

You're welcome Manitoban.

It sure seems like it will be a nice cabin/balcony. And the location is quite good--you'll be close to all of the eateries, to the sports areas, and to the pools (and to the elevator!)

If you don't end up liking the cabin for some reason, though, you'll also have the possibility of switching cabins for your 2nd cruise. So everything should work out well ;)

Archived