cozumel beaches

buckeye101

My wife and i are going to cozumel on Empress of the seas.Our first cruise without the children.My wife has always wanted to go topless and now has a chance without the kids with us.Are there many places to do this?Also we will be stopping in Costa Maya.

Like other locals who contribute to this board, I love Cozumel and enjoy sharing information with visitors. In the case of this discussion group which focuses on cruisers, I'm always hoping some of you guys will get such a nice taste of the island from websites like mine and some other good ones that you'll see for yourselves how friendly and safe it is here. And you'll come back next time and spend a whole week on Cozumel Time.

Best Wishes

This is a conservative, Catholic culture and the locals are offended and upset by personal displays of nudity. Be sensitivity and respect the morays of the culture you are visiting. You will be treated with great kindness and friendliness here if you do.
I totally agree with this sentiment, but when we were there for a week in December, on our drive around the island, I think I saw a topless women (all men can go topless :)) on the "deserted" east side of the island. Not at the "Naked Beach" at Mezcalitos. That is more for the enjoyment of the guys that work there. It was on some of the long lonely beaches toward the south of the east side.

Cancun is more the place for topless as well as some of the islands on the eastern itineraries, like St. Martin's Orient Beach.

Archived