Plate Faces

AZ TRAVEL

Look at 9 o'clock... You can't really see her face, but it's the whole body of a lady, bent elbow, hat, etc...

Look at 11 o'clock and you can see a woman's head, ear, hat...

conquestfirstdownload287.jpg

Look at this next one upside down...

download2058.jpg

This one, I think you'll see them all!!!! the soup is chicken, with lemon grass and coconut milk...

conquestagain090.jpg

I hope help...

seriously, they look more like crawfish. I am so glad that we didn't bother with formal night last cruise just to get the lobster. $50 dollars worth of baggage fees for formal wear vs $.50 worth of lobster...priceless

Those are NOT lobster. That is langoustine. The dish is called etouffee of langoustine and it is an appetizer not an entree for obvious reasons.

ry%3D400

Look between about 1 and 2 o'clock in this photo. See the creepy little frowny faced guy? That was the only thing I found until the ladies were pointed out on the other dishes.

And now I have to ask this...what the heck is etouffee of langoustine? What part do you eat? Maybe you get the whole animal but you are only supposed to eat his little etouffee? Are those langoustines big ones? (if so, then they are crawdads) or are they small ones? (If so, then they are lobsters.) Or are they normal for their species? Do you need special tools to eat them or do you just chow down like Darryl Hannah did in "Splash"? Is it rude to turn them so they are looking at the guest next to you instead of staring you down as you eat them?

I am only asking these questions because if I ever order this dish I want to pretend that I know what I am doing.

Look between about 1 and 2 o'clock in this photo. See the creepy little frowny faced guy? That was the only thing I found until the ladies were pointed out on the other dishes.

And now I have to ask this...what the heck is etouffee of langoustine? What part do you eat? Maybe you get the whole animal but you are only supposed to eat his little etouffee? Are those langoustines big ones? (if so, then they are crawdads) or are they small ones? (If so, then they are lobsters.) Or are they normal for their species? Do you need special tools to eat them or do you just chow down like Darryl Hannah did in "Splash"? Is it rude to turn them so they are looking at the guest next to you instead of staring you down as you eat them?

I am only asking these questions because if I ever order this dish I want to pretend that I know what I am doing.

They are crawdads and you eat with your fingers. I have always taken the head in one hand and arse end in another and snapped apart. Turn over the tail end and split under neath and peel out meat - turn over meat and strip out black or green vein and chow down. Many people will suck the juices out of the upper part but that is a little crass for me. Happy eating - I am sure you will get lots of other suggestions

They are crawdads and you eat with your fingers. I have always taken the head in one hand and arse end in another and snapped apart. Turn over the tail end and split under neath and peel out meat - turn over meat and strip out black or green vein and chow down. Many people will suck the juices out of the upper part but that is a little crass for me. Happy eating - I am sure you will get lots of other suggestions

Thanks so much!

I am so sorry I hijacked this thread, so let me add a big thanks to the OP. I'd probably never have noticed the women in the dishes without this thread.

Archived