All Booked The Dream Transatlantic Sunset 02 Dec 11 Tenerife - Barbados

Well we have done it booked The Dream for Transatlantic Dec 2011 16 Nights amazing Itinerary plus £100 on board spend per single cabin which you normally loose if you have sole occ cabins

Tenerife

@ sea 6 days plenty of time to take advantage of the AI :D

Antigua

St Maarten

Tortola

St Kitts

Dominica

St Lucia

St Vincent

Grenada

Tobago

Barbados

Can't wait all ready excited :D

That's a fabulous itinerary!! You will be visiting some beautiful islands. Have a great holiday!

Ann

I was amazed when I saw the Itinerary yesterday! I was going to do the Dream or Destiny TA this year but couldn't fit it in we are so glad we couldn't now as this Itinerary is excellent :D and 16 nights

Well done - it looks great. Another one to look forward to! ;)

Thanks I know it's away off but me and my friend want single outside cabins plus they were offering £100 on board spend each which considering we are AI prob wont use. and the Itinerary looks amazing 10 Islands in 1 cruise most you get are 4/5 normally so thought get it booked! Oh and it's adults only :D:D

check out the deck plans. The single cabins are either aft or right forward. Aft might have more engine noise and vibration. You can of course pay and reserve a specific cabin.

Dave thanks for that we have just been looking at that on the Celebration we were in 732 & 736 which to be honest wasn't that bad.

I'm looking at 7219 not sure what Andy's doing :) but may call my TA tomorrow and get her to book 5012 & 5016 I know they are low but as its TA the lower the better deck 4 to low but if you or anyone knows what deck 7 is like but there is only 1 single cabin on 7

I know I had a moan when the dates for 2011/12 came out but I am really tempted with the christmas getaway, I just wish we knew what destiny was doing. Your itinerary sounds great but cannot do those dates, really pleased for you. Decisions, Decisions.:)

Dave thanks for that we have just been looking at that on the Celebration we were in 732 & 736 which to be honest wasn't that bad.

I'm looking at 7219 not sure what Andy's doing :) but may call my TA tomorrow and get her to book 5012 & 5016 I know they are low but as its TA the lower the better deck 4 to low but if you or anyone knows what deck 7 is like but there is only 1 single cabin on 7

5012/5016 look as if they could be a good choice. they are only slightly smaller than a double and well away from the engines. apparently the smaller singles at the stern originally had bunk beds. Of couse who really knows until they have tried it, especially on a 'new' ship.

5012/5016 look as if they could be a good choice. they are only slightly smaller than a double and well away from the engines. apparently the smaller singles at the stern originally had bunk beds. Of couse who really knows until they have tried it, especially on a 'new' ship.

Dave thanks for your help with that I will call today and get 5012/16 reserved the thing Andy pointed out about 7219 where it is situated could be really noisy and when we were on celebration 2 girls we were chatting with were in a cabin at the back and the last morning they said was a nightmare as the bags were being craned down outside there cabin, I'm going to be really blond here but stern is the back of the ship isn't it?

As for being on the Dream we are both going with a completely open mind and it's over 12 months away we have booked AI which you cant always get over 14 nights so if the worse happens just get p***d every day and wont notice anything :D:D

I'm doing another TA in the Oct and the cabin i have booked on that is similar position to 5012/16 but on deck 9 hence why we thought they looked ok.

It's great on here because pick up so much usefull info and always someone able to help with any questions thanks again

Hi Mancmatt,

I thought I noticed on your earlier postings that you had booked "The Spirit" for next September or October, Have you changed it or am I wrong. It,s just that we have booked it and it was interesting to see who else had. Perhaps you have already posted about a change, sorry if I am wrong, just being nosey. Again! :o

Hi Mancmatt,

I thought I noticed on your earlier postings that you had booked "The Spirit" for next September or October, Have you changed it or am I wrong. It,s just that we have booked it and it was interesting to see who else had. Perhaps you have already posted about a change, sorry if I am wrong, just being nosey. Again! :o

Hi Solostar,

You are not being nosey

I'm still booked on the Spirit doing Adriatic Explorer 7 October however, I'm on Liberty of the Seas 29 October Barcelona - Fort Lauderdale then 19 days later this Transatlantic 2 cruises in that time just about cope with 3 I'm not sure hence why I haven't actually cancelled the Spirit as I really do want to do that Itinerary I have till August to decide it would be fab doing all 3 cruises just not sure if finances will allow it yet will know better in New Year.

Now you have mentioned it I'm going to add it back on to my clocks as it is still booked to go ahead just have to decide next year

Matthew

That,s better! You really have fallen in love with cruising, it will be our first one so I hope we will feel the same when we get back. :)

Are you doing the Adriatic Explorer aswell! as a mate pointed out earlier there is no reasson once paid for it in Aug why cant bring it forward to poss Sept then it breaks it up a bit so now that has me thinking :) so may be going early sept now :)

We are doing B2B Pearls of Aegean/Adriatic Explorer from 16th September. I am really excited about it and have been planning the "ports of call". I feel I know Venice like the back of my hand. I don,t think I could cope if I had as many cruises planned as you! :rolleyes:

We are doing B2B Pearls of Aegean/Adriatic Explorer from 16th September. I am really excited about it and have been planning the "ports of call". I feel I know Venice like the back of my hand. I don,t think I could cope if I had as many cruises planned as you! :rolleyes:

Doing the B2B is supposed to be amazing I looked at both but in the end opted for Adriatic but reading reviews on here from people who have done the B2B they all give it great write ups :D

I have just started today to look at Atlantic Sunrise on Island Escape I know most of the ports just haven't been to Casablanca and it's my birthday that day so have to do something apart from take advantage of the AI ;) and Barcelona going look in depth at that over next few days.

I'm going to price up Adriatic Explorer tomorrow for sep just to get idea of price diffrence

Not been to Casablanca, but Barcelona is fantastic, beautiful city, the architecture is like nothing you have seen before, the church, Familia Sagrade, ( yes, I have spelt it wrong) is breathtaking. You mustn,t take too much advantage of the A1 on your birthday otherwise you won,t remember Casablanca!! :eek:

Not been to Casablanca, but Barcelona is fantastic, beautiful city, the architecture is like nothing you have seen before, the church, Familia Sagrade, ( yes, I have spelt it wrong) is breathtaking. You mustn,t take too much advantage of the A1 on your birthday otherwise you won,t remember Casablanca!! :eek:

LOL that's what all my mates are saying like they say Casablanca is a once only experience so don't waste it getting p****d in the bar :)

I have had a look at Barcelona today and got some Ideas I'm going to set myself to do one port a day over next week for the Island Escape, then move on to the Spirit for the Adriatic, then Liberty for TA but that's not to bad as I will have done Barcelona and I lived in Malaga well Costa Del Sol for 18 months when I was a Holiday Rep so thats 2 down, Then the Dream for the 2nd Transatlantic only 19 days after the 1st but there are 10 Caribbean Islands to look at there but got plenty of time.

Priced up the Adriatic for September it's very expensive will keep an eye on price and if it drops to similar to what paid in Oct will amend if not may just go for it and do all 3 cruises in 2 months :D:D

You are going to be really busy researching all the ports that you will be visiting! Barcelona will be easy, walk from port up the "Rambles" ( don,t buy any drinks along here, very expensive) then near top end you can catch one of the hop-on , hop-off tourist buses, there are 3 different ones to pick, covring different areas. There is a web site. You get a brilliant view of Barcelona from these and of course you can pick which parts are interesting to you, go and visit then get back on the next bus. Its all good. If you decide to go on Adriatic ,let me know, and we can compare notes. Good Luck !! :)

You are going to be really busy researching all the ports that you will be visiting! Barcelona will be easy, walk from port up the "Rambles" ( don,t buy any drinks along here, very expensive) then near top end you can catch one of the hop-on , hop-off tourist buses, there are 3 different ones to pick, covring different areas. There is a web site. You get a brilliant view of Barcelona from these and of course you can pick which parts are interesting to you, go and visit then get back on the next bus. Its all good. If you decide to go on Adriatic ,let me know, and we can compare notes. Good Luck !! :)

A friend has mentioned those buses are they similar to the ones in London as done one of them back in July and was a really good day. You don't know the site do you? If not no worries will google it tomorrow:)

<LI about="r6">Barcelona Bus Tour Review: Barcelona Tours Open-Top Bus

A Review of one of Barcelona's Hop-on-Hop-off Tourist Buses. Prices, routes, where to buy tickets, commentary and literature provided on the Barcelona Bus ...

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelona-bus... - 37k -

I think that have overdone it on the info, but still! I should imagine that it is similar to London one, not done that. You get earphones so you get a running commentry. We always try to go on them otherwise you waste a lot of time walking endlessly up and down and not seeing much.Just hope for a sunny warm day so you can sit up top!

<LI about="r6">Barcelona Bus Tour Review: Barcelona Tours Open-Top Bus

A Review of one of Barcelona's Hop-on-Hop-off Tourist Buses. Prices, routes, where to buy tickets, commentary and literature provided on the Barcelona Bus ...

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelona-bus... - 37k -

I think that have overdone it on the info, but still! I should imagine that it is similar to London one, not done that. You get earphones so you get a running commentry. We always try to go on them otherwise you waste a lot of time walking endlessly up and down and not seeing much.Just hope for a sunny warm day so you can sit up top!

Thanks for that it was exactly what I was looking for it does look similar to the London one will have a look later on and see which route is best maybe could do 1 when in on Island and 1 when go for Liberty as doing 2 nights pre-cruise in Barcelona then will let you know what I have decided when looked closely later

Once again thanks for that Also I just realised I priced up the Adriatic wrong for September so it may not be much different to sep I willd ouble check that tomorrow.

I may be back to you for Venice as you have researched it so much but won't be looking at that till at least next weds/ Thurs just worked out I do 31 ports of call next year Barcelona and Tenerife doubled up but not to bad as both ports are a day and then departure for another cruise and the day there is before the departure day for the other cruise :)

I don,t know how you keep them all sorted in your head.I can see that you are calling at Cartagena on your Transatlantic, it is a lovely town, with lots of Roman history.Amphitheatre etc. There is a tourist bus too, but not hop-on/off. Worth going on though. We were there this summer and the "Oceana" was in Port, its huge.

I don,t know how you keep them all sorted in your head.I can see that you are calling at Cartagena on your Transatlantic, it is a lovely town, with lots of Roman history.Amphitheatre etc. There is a tourist bus too, but not hop-on/off. Worth going on though. We were there this summer and the "Oceana" was in Port, its huge.

I have a friend who has a Villa in Cartagena so he is going to bring me back some guide books and stuff next time he is out there some of the guys from across the pond that are on this sailing have put together a great site which has a load of Ideas

http://www.snowtao.com/cruise/Liberty2011/Lib-index.htm

not sure if this will be took of here as it's another company but you will see what I mean :)

Obv it's not complete as we still have 11 Months till we sail but it has some good ideas not just for that sailing but for others if you call in the ports

Not looked at it for a few days so not sure if Cartagena is on there I'm looking forward to cadiz for Seville always wanted to go there not Cadiz obv :D

Had a look at site and I am impressed! Cartagena is there and you can see the Amphitheatre. It mentions the tin mines that were around there, we were told that some of our Welsh miners went there years ago to try and make their fortunes, it must have been horrendous trying to work in all the heat after wet Wales! :cool: It would be nice to do a similar site for "Adriatic" but I am not that computor friendly, I can just about copy & paste. :mad:

Archived