People Switching Between Two Rooms Question

Bob P

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been asked recently; I looked around but couldn’t find anything related to it….

We (husband, wife, and two teenage kids) are booked on the Navigator in two cabins (not adjoining, but a couple doors away—one inside and one balcony).

We had to book one adult and one teenager in each room since they are 17 and 15. How do we go about switching rooms after checking in so that my wife and I are in one room and the kids are in another? Do we just have to keep switching key cards for the whole week or can we go somewhere and have them align the room keys with our actual accommodations?

Thanks for any guidance…

Peace,

Bob P

:o I am also interested in this too. We are sailing on the Navigator in July with our 2 daughters 18 & 19. We are on opposite sides of the ship, both with balconies, but I would still like to stay with hubby!

Bob, when are you sailing? We are sailing July 23rd.

Ollie:)

We all just switched keys to give mom and dad the same room and sis and I the same when we arrived in the rooms. That was the end of it. The room steward raised no eyebrow when he met us for the first time so we were all under the impression that this was not uncommon.

Visit the reception desk after boarding or upon embarkation at the check-in desk for extra keys. We have done this a couple of times with our kids, they were very accomodating. The policy states you are allowed to have minor children in seperate cabins as long as you are adjoining or adjacent to them. If you can't change key cards because of the location, mom or dad may not be able to drink alcohol that week, under age !

Once on board, go to the front desk and they will issue new keys and swap the picture images to the correct key card. This is better than switching keys because with an adults key, kids can buy liquor (they don't scan the card and look at the picture when buying things, so how would they know how old someone is?) Also, this way you know who is buying what, etc. We have done this a few times and will be doing it again on 3/6 - AOS. WOO HOO!!

Mark & Janet

Keep in mind your Seapass/Door Key is your charge account. Also under 18 have a hole punched in them so they can't drink. I agree just ask for extra keys but make sure it does not have charging privilages. I have never done this but assume it can be done by the parents. You can't get off & on the ship without your own Seapass. Goodluck, great question.

Bon Voyage

Dawna

Just back from the Brilliance a few weeks. Some of our fellow cruisers had this same problem. The went to Guest Relations and explained who would be in what cabin, the cards were redone and mom and dad were given and extra set of keys to the kids cabin so they could go into them when needed. The same thing was done for the kids as well, they were given a key to their parents cabin, with a hole punched in it. The kids lost their parents card, so new keys were issued.... but the kids didn't get a copy of mom and dads key the second time around..... wonder why!

My husband and I have an oceanview while our daughters (15 and 9) have a cabin directly across the hall. There were no adjourning cabins left. Actually, it was my TA who suggested getting an extra cabin (it only cost another $180 as compared to 4 of us in one cabin). So... We had to book one adult in each room (with one child) but the TA said for us to visit guest relations/information desk upon arrival and they would take care that my husband and I are together and the girls are together.

Archived