Miami Airport to Hotel in Ft Lauderdale

dottiedef

We will be arriving at the Miami airport a day before our cruise leaving April 18th. Going into Miami instead of Ft Lauderdale because we could get a direct flight from Raleigh of 2 hours as opposed to 8-9 hour connecting flight thru Dallas! I need help with advice about how to get from Miami to our cruise leaving from Ft L. Should we stay in Miami overnight or go right to Ft L? What would be the cheapest way to get to Ft L? Is there a shuttle? A taxi would probably be expensive. There are just 2 of us. If we rented a car, where would we return it? Would love to stay at the Marriott Marina or Renaissance, but would stay in Miami if there was a cheap shuttle right to the pier. Thank you so much for any help.:)

It would probably be cheapest to rent a car at MIA and return it to FLL, then let the rental car company shuttle you to the port. FLL and Port Everglades are adjacent to each other. If I were you I would stay in Ft. Lauderdale, and the Rennaissance is nicer than the Marina Marriott. You may also check with this company for shuttle prices if you'd prefer not to rent a car, many on these boards have been happy with their prices and service... http://www.floridalimo.com/

Thanks for your help TrentS. I think the rental car idea is best. Does anyone know if I can return the car to the FLL airport and then take a shuttle to the port? Do any of the car companies have a shuttle. Again, thank you for any help.

I believe all car rental companies supply transportation to the port in Ft Lauderdale. If not a cab ride is less than $10. I needed to use a cab last month from the port to Alamo. The shuttle was running slow and our traveling companions weren't feeling well.We got the car and dropped them off at their condo.

In Florida there has been no charge to pick up the car at one airport and return it to another but to be on the safe side you may want to confirm this. I had recently heard talk of additional taxes and fees being added to rental cars in Florida. I don't think this has happened yet and hopefully it won't. I also hope this doesn't mean a fee to drop off and pick up at a different location..

Archived