Capt. Marvin or Bryan?

angelskath

We can not say enough good things about Capt. Marvin. We were on the Miracle and we booked with Capt. Marvin. We had wonderful guides and there were only 14 on our beautiful clean boat. They took there time and explained in detail exactly how to snorkel and were very patient with the beginners. Everyone loved it and we would do it again in a minute. Go with Capt. Marvin you will be very well taken care of and very pleased.

We are booked on Captain Bryan's Buccaneer catamaran for MArch 31st. I liked the idea of a catamaran and supposedly the Buccaneer is the only on with it's own liquor license and a small bar on board so we can enjoy a cool tropical beverage on the way back in.

I have heard great stuff about both Capt Bryans and Capt Marvins so I think whichever you choose you will surely have a good time.

We are booked on Captain Bryan's Buccaneer catamaran for MArch 31st. I liked the idea of a catamaran and supposedly the Buccaneer is the only on with it's own liquor license and a small bar on board so we can enjoy a cool tropical beverage on the way back in.

I have heard great stuff about both Capt Bryans and Capt Marvins so I think whichever you choose you will surely have a good time.

What cruise ship are you on? We are booked on Capt Bryan's Buccaneer the same day...10:30am sailing. We booked for the same reasons you did!

We went on the Capt Bryan's sail last week. It is great! Make sure you specify the sail boat when you book. They only do one trip a day in it, at 10:30 am. The rest are on another boat. We did not use the sails on the way out because of wind direction. But he raise the sail on the way back. We made three stops. The aquarium, the corals and stringray city. All three were very nice.

crsinmo, we are doing this excursion on our cruise. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it. We are under 30 days now! We did the Sting Ray City excursion through RCI last time, and I am really looking forward to doing this private excursion. These boards are such a wealth of knowledge.

What did you do about lunch?

Michelle

We ate breakfast on the ship. Then had a pastry at the bakery next to Capt Bryan's. We didn't eat again until we got back on the Conquest. They have soft drinks on the sail boat, but didn't buy one. So no idea how much they charge for one. We saw some people brought snacks. We were too excited about being on a sail boat, and the activities. Didn't think about food at all until we got back.

We ate breakfast on the ship. Then had a pastry at the bakery next to Capt Bryan's. We didn't eat again until we got back on the Conquest. They have soft drinks on the sail boat, but didn't buy one. So no idea how much they charge for one. We saw some people brought snacks. We were too excited about being on a sail boat, and the activities. Didn't think about food at all until we got back.

Thanks! That is just the kind of information I needed. Ooooh, a bakery. Geeze, I feel the pounds coming on just reading this board! :D

Michelle

Just back from the 2/20-2/27 Carnival Miracle Western Carribean cruise, which included a stop in Grand Cayman and going on Captain Bryan's 10:30am Buccaneer catamaran excursion on Tuesday, 2/22.

Everything we experienced from this firm was professional, courteous and well-executed.

Check in behind the bakery was easy and straightforward. Tour -- unlike most we've experienced -- stuck exactly to schedule; bus to the boat left exactly at 10:15, we sailed by 10:30 and were back at the cruise ship tender pier exactly at 1:45 as promised.

Crew was friendly, informative and helpful. Never felt rushed at any of the two snorkeling stops or at stingray Sandbar. Videographer Cody was great; my decision to buy a DVD of the material he he shot was based primarily on his demeanor; no hard sell, let everyone on the boat review the material so they could get a taste of the wares.

Archived