Tour operators at Dock when you get off tender....

saintsfan01

Are there tour operators offering the Altun Ha & River Tour at the pier???? If so, have you used them, would you recommend them, and who did you use?

Also, doesn't have to be the Altun Ha....tell me your experiences with tour operators at the dock....

any suggestions appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

We were not looking for any tour operators at the port area in Belize other than snorkel tour operators. We found one (can't even remember the name now). They were just OK. We had to wait for over an hour while they rounded up enough people to justify taking out their boat. The trip out to the snorkel spot took about 20-30 minutes, and they went fast! The boat bounced so much that it nearly pounded our spines into our heads! The snorkel spots they chose were, in our opinion, rather poor...mostly sand with some scattered coral heads. This was disappointing to us because we are experienced snorkelers and know that one of the largest reefs in the world goes through Belize. Afterwards, they took us to a small private island with an inland lagoon. The island and facilities were not much. We tried snorkeling in the lagoon and saw a few starfish. But the water was very murky. All in all, not a great day. Having said that, there are tour operators in the docking area where the tenders deliver you. You'll just need to look for one offering what you want.

We actually booked the Altun Ha and River Wallace Tour through the boat since no one responded to the original question.

We LOVED it. Our son, 8, loved it as well. It was kind of pricey but in the end was worth the money and was a great day.

We've been on lots of tours over the 12 cruises we've been on and this was one of the best. I'd put it in the top 3.

If you are up in the air about what to do in Belize I would highly recommend this tour.

• 1 month later...
We actually booked the Altun Ha and River Wallace Tour through the boat since no one responded to the original question.

We LOVED it. Our son, 8, loved it as well. It was kind of pricey but in the end was worth the money and was a great day.

We've been on lots of tours over the 12 cruises we've been on and this was one of the best. I'd put it in the top 3.

If you are up in the air about what to do in Belize I would highly recommend this tour.

Sounds like a great day! Did you happen to notice if there were tour operators at the pier offering the same tour?

Archived