I could use some help with excursion ideas

greenbaboon

Our 10 year wedding anniversary. Hubby and I have cruised before several times and usually book our own excursions.

Traveling with a 3.5 year old who loves the water but does not know how to swim yet.

Traveling with 88 year old grandmother - first cruise for her.

Traveling with 67 year old aunt - also first cruise.

I love the idea of the catamarans and turtle snorkel - but the little one won't snorkle (or the hubby either) - are the snorkel spots with Silver Moon walk in, or off the boat (ie - must be able to tread water)?

The grandmother may need an excursion that is easy to get to (taxi there and especially back) She really just wants to find a nice beach some place.

Help. Usually this isn't so difficult for me.

For a easy beach day we went to the Boat Yard. It is a $3.00 taxi ride from the pier. Costs $12.00 for entrance. It includes beach chair, umbrella, and a rum drink. Nice beach with a hut with drinks and food. Yum, flying fish sandwhich with hot sauce on it.

We were just there, and headed to the Boatyard for lunch after a snorkeling excursion. I had forgotten that there was a $12 fee, so we went next door to Lobster Alive for lunch. It was not cheap, but the food was delicious - one of our group got a small lobster and it was very good and not that small.

We could see the Boatyard, and it was not crowded and would be good for the day - but they wanted to charge us the entrance fee for lunch, so we didn't stay. Boat Yard might not be a bad idea.

Archived