Carnival Glory 2/12/95

srocc20655

I wonder what others thought of this cruise. Having only sailed on Royal Caribbean before I didn't think it measured up at all. There were a couple of things which really put me off. First of all I had a mix up at Camp Carnival. I checked my son - who is 10 years old into late night babysitting. I did this verbally with the sitter who was by the pool. She said no problem. Evidently she forgot because at 10 pm she sent my son off on his own. He went to the cabin but I was on my way to check on him. To make a long story short my son ended up with security and was very scared. I searched the ship frantically before going to security myself where I found him. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO SEND A 10 YEAR OLD ON HIS OWN ON A CRUISE SHIP AT NIGHT!! I was furious but they didn't appear to care.

Although we had a beautiful room it was ruined by our neighbors. They spent day and night very drunk and their teenagers ran the hallways all night long. Not fun. Security wasn't very effective in helping out.

The pool area seemed much more crowded on the days at sea than Royal Caribbean did. Then there were the people that saved 10-20 chairs for friends that never seemed to show up.

I know Carnival is booked as the fun cruise lines but come on. Day after day looking at drunks reeling all over the ship is a bit much. It got to be gross after a couple of days (and I like to party and drink myself but this was over the top!).

I guess I will return to Royal Caribbean or Princess. Carnival is just not for me.

I wonder what others thought of this cruise. Having only sailed on Royal Caribbean before I didn't think it measured up at all. There were a couple of things which really put me off. First of all I had a mix up at Camp Carnival. I checked my son - who is 10 years old into late night babysitting. I did this verbally with the sitter who was by the pool. She said no problem. Evidently she forgot because at 10 pm she sent my son off on his own. He went to the cabin but I was on my way to check on him. To make a long story short my son ended up with security and was very scared. I searched the ship frantically before going to security myself where I found him. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO SEND A 10 YEAR OLD ON HIS OWN ON A CRUISE SHIP AT NIGHT!! I was furious but they didn't appear to care.

Although we had a beautiful room it was ruined by our neighbors. They spent day and night very drunk and their teenagers ran the hallways all night long. Not fun. Security wasn't very effective in helping out.

The pool area seemed much more crowded on the days at sea than Royal Caribbean did. Then there were the people that saved 10-20 chairs for friends that never seemed to show up.

I know Carnival is booked as the fun cruise lines but come on. Day after day looking at drunks reeling all over the ship is a bit much. It got to be gross after a couple of days (and I like to party and drink myself but this was over the top!).

I guess I will return to Royal Caribbean or Princess. Carnival is just not for me.

I'm sorry your experience wasn't up to par for you. I'm not an expert at Carnival cruises, but I've done 2 and 1 on RCI -- no difference really . . .JMHO.

First of all - it was all your responsibility to sign your child up for the late nite deal -- not the employee -- as for sending your child on his merry way, if you allowed him to sign himself in and out, then they can send him on. Same rules apply on RCI.

As for the partying and running in the hallways -- we were on RCI during Thanksgiving last year, of the 3500 passengers, 900 were under 18 - do you think they were prim and proper? I think not. I only spent sleep time in my cabin and by then I was exhausted and couldn't hear anything but my own snoring.

There are chair hogs on every cruise line.

Maybe Carnival isn't for you . . . I hope you have a better cruise next time.

Thanks for the reply. I agree that it is my responsibility to sign up my sign for late night sitting but I really thought that was what I did when I dropped him off with her at 9:30 pm. She indicated that I was all set.

Maybe I tend to use my cabin more than other cruisers. I enjoy some down time and find that very relaxing. I think that other cruise lines suit me better than Carnival. No, I am not old and boring. I love to party as much as the next person but I need down time.

Again I appreciate your comments, especially since you have been on both RCI and CCL.

Archived