Lido Deck - Oceana - would you avoid?

Leviosa

Have decided to book our cruise on Oceana this summer - just looking at rooms and have hit a slight stumbling block. Husband and I are sahring a cabin and our 2 teenage boys (16 and 14) will be sharing with their 80+ gran who is not doddery by any means - just a slowish walker!

I had planned to book cabins nearish each other to make it easier to meet up before going our separate ways in the morning and to join each other for dinner etc. However, the only deck that seems possible on is the Lido and from what I have read I get the impression that isn't a good plan re noise etc! From research I had C deck in mind.:cool:

So my dilemma is do I go for Lido deck L338/316/309 for one cabin choice and L340/341 for other choice

or do I go for the inconvenience and have one cabin on B deck was thinking B224 and the other on A deck A317/319? :confused:

From your experiences what would you suggest? :D

Thanks

quote.gif

Hi - from our experience the lido was a great location

We found it to be really quiet as there are so few cabins in that area and the corridor leads to the bridge so there is little footfall.

Being close to the pool and plaza is really handy - especially when using the pool you could pop to your cabin to change.

I'm suprised that you have heard it is a noisy location - we found just the opposite and would have no hesitation booking there again!!!!!!

Hope this helps - P.s.our cabin no was L321

Sue

I can't speak for Oceana, but on Ventura we went to look at Lido deck cabins, as we had turned them down fearing they would be noisy. I have to say I was very surprised how quiet it was along that corridor and how very convenient for an older person to easily find their way out to the pool and to the lifts.

We decided that if we take my Mother in Law sometime, this deck will be perfect for her. :)

Have been on the Lido deck a few times and as other posters have said, its really quiet up there. Only time we've noticed any noise is the night the deck party was on and the noise really wasnt that bad.

Jimmy

We heard the deck parties from our A deck balcony cabin. Didn't bother us, but just saying you can hear them from other decks too. :)

Archived