Recent VOS cruisers

txmommy2

We leave next Sunday.....

1. Blowdryers in the cabins?

2. What are the formal nights?

3. What did people wear to dinner the first night? Luggage may not arrive in cabin before dinner and we are planning to wear jeans to board!

Thanks

We leave next Sunday.....

1. Blowdryers in the cabins?

2. What are the formal nights?

3. What did people wear to dinner the first night? Luggage may not arrive in cabin before dinner and we are planning to wear jeans to board!

Thanks

Yes there are blow dryers in the cabin, but my DW prefers her own

Recent cruisers have done the med cruises, yours will be the first US cruise of the season, looking at your itinery I would imagine that the formal nights will be either day 2 or 3, sea days and day 5, cozumel.

If luggage does not arrive, jeans are fine on the first night.

Be aware that the ship has to have a full USCG inspection and the entire crew has to clear immigration when VY arrives in TX from the Med, do not expect early boarding on your cruise!

I definitely know that the first formal night is the second night. When I called RCI to tell them we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, I gave them the sailing date (our anniversary is December 31 but we didn't want to go on the Christmas week cruise) and the gal told me that we should make it the next night because that was formal night and "they would do something" for us.

If I remember correctly, the 6th night (next to last) is also a formal night.

Looks like I have made Portofino reservations for the two likely formal nights. Are formal nights only in the MDR or in the specialty restaurants too?

MDR. Portofino's is "smart casual" Lots of guys wear a jacket. My DH came in one time with a shirt that looks like a lone star flag and the maitre d' asked if he could have the shirt.

I think nice slacks and a shirt with a collar for the gentleman and slacks with a pretty top for the lady would be fine. It is definitely not a jeans and tee shirt place.

Archived