My review of the Carnival Freedom Oct. 31, 2010

disneyden

Great review! I was on the Freedom last year on the same itinerary. I did the same tour as you in Grand Cayman, only I didn't have sunshine. Instead we had dark clouds and rain, but I still had a good time. Hopefully you will make it to Jamaica and get to see DRF next time!

Great review! I was on the Freedom last year on the same itinerary. I did the same tour as you in Grand Cayman, only I didn't have sunshine. Instead we had dark clouds and rain, but I still had a good time. Hopefully you will make it to Jamaica and get to see DRF next time!

Thanks!

Well, we have decided to book another cruise and we are going on the Freedom!!!! As soon as my DH saw your pics of the stingrays, he was hooked! :D Thanks again for a great review.

Wow! On the Elation in February then another one on the Freedom?? I'm jealous! You will love the Stingrays! :D

Let me know if you do a review on your cruises! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We were thinking of renting the golf cart, but not sure. Do you think the trolley is a good idea? It's a little cheaper and we just want to see a few sights in Key West, including the Southern most point...the trolley would allow us to hop on and off whenever we want, but the golf cart would allow us to go where we want...

I can almost smell the ocean air!!!!!

After a couple of hours of riding around, we decided to head back to Mallory Square for some shopping. We enjoyed the golf cart, but I don't think we will rent one again if we go back to Key West. It just didn't seem to be worth $100.00 for 4 hours.

As I stated previously, one of the things that I just HAD to try were Conch Fritters! This may be a "fat moment", but I took a pic of them!! LOL! By the way, there were many of those moments on this trip! I gained 8 lbs. and my DH gained 6 lbs!

141.jpg

This is where we got the Fritters. It is located behind Mallory Square by the Trolleys...cool little place.

144.jpg

Love KW. We visited here on the Freedom in May and liked it so much we went back for a week in Nov. with a couple we met on the ship for a week. Luv the pics!

We were on the same cruise...absolutely love your pictures and review...we have booked again for June 12,2011...can't wait!!

Thanks!! We are going to book another cruise too! We will probably be going in July. Our kids (ages 21 and 18) loved all of our pics and want go on the Freedom with the same Itinerary! Since we loved the Freedom and didn't get to go to Jamaica, we figured...why not? :D

Have fun on your trip!!

We were thinking of renting the golf cart, but not sure. Do you think the trolley is a good idea? It's a little cheaper and we just want to see a few sights in Key West, including the Southern most point...the trolley would allow us to hop on and off whenever we want, but the golf cart would allow us to go where we want...

I can almost smell the ocean air!!!!!

I think the trolley would be a good idea. One thing that we wanted to visit was Higgs Beach and we knew that the trolley didn't go to that area. I'm glad we rented the golf cart, but most likely won't do that again. It just didn't seem to be worth the price to us. The Trolley can take you by all the main attractions. If it doesn't stop in front of a particular attraction that you want to visit, it would stop close enough to walk to it. You could probably even find a beach area within walking distance. Next time we are in Key West, we will be taking the trolley. I hope this helps. :)

Great review!!!! Can't wait to sail her in late February!

Thanks! :)

I saw that you are celebrating your Anniversary on your cruise. We celebrated our 22nd while on ours!! Have fun and I'm sure it will be a wonderful anniversary for you both!! :D

Thanks!! We are going to book another cruise too! We will probably be going in July. Our kids (ages 21 and 18) loved all of our pics and want go on the Freedom with the same Itinerary! Since we loved the Freedom and didn't get to go to Jamaica, we figured...why not? :D

Have fun on your trip!!

One of the couples that was with us is taking their kids this time...we took ours last time, so we can relax on this one. :p This will be our third time on this itinerary!!!!:D

Great review!!!! Can't wait to sail her in late February!
Thanks! :)

I saw that you are celebrating your Anniversary on your cruise. We celebrated our 22nd while on ours!! Have fun and I'm sure it will be a wonderful anniversary for you both!! :D

Thanks yes we are, but it isn't as many as yours, lol! More like 6 years of marriage but 10 of being together.

More Key West photos...

143.jpg

Mallory Square

081.jpg

This old boat was in the middle of Mallory Square and I thought it was cool...

084.jpg

Wow, great pics and loving the review so far, we were on Freedom in March, and Key West, turned out to be our favorite Port. Want to go back and spend more time there.

Tim

Love KW. We visited here on the Freedom in May and liked it so much we went back for a week in Nov. with a couple we met on the ship for a week. Luv the pics!

Thank you! :)

That's cool that you vacationed with a couple that you met on the cruise. Do they live near you, or do they live in another part of the country? I like meeting people from different areas of the world and that's whats great about cruising. We met a couple on our cruise that were our table mates in the dining room. After we had been sitting with them for a while, he told me that our accents were really weird. I just laughed and told him that I was thinking the same thing about them! We are from Alabama and they were from Canada. It's funny, but I don't think that we have accents at ALL! Our southern drawl sounds normal to me! LOL! ;)

One of the couples that was with us is taking their kids this time...we took ours last time, so we can relax on this one. :p This will be our third time on this itinerary!!!!:D

I know y'all will have a blast...can't get enough of the Freedom or the itinerary!! :D

:)Great photos. Queen Meow and I are using the same motel and leaving Saturday. Cant wait for this next adventure. We are taking a bus and then a ferry trip on the panama canal.:D

I've always wanted to visit the panama canal! DH and I want to do the eastern itinerary for our next trip on the Freedom. You'll have to let me know how you liked it and what excursions you did. Have fun! :)

• 1 month later...

Well, we have definitely been bitten by the cruising bug! We booked this weekend and I'm SO excited!! :D

We are going on the Triumph this time instead of the Freedom because it's a MUCH shorter drive to the New Orleans port. Since we sail in 96 days, I wonder if it's too early to start packing???? ;)

• 4 months later...

Thank you so much for your wonderful review..I know no one has posted anything here in quit awhile but DH and I are sailing this cruise in Sept. and your review has been very helpful and enjoyable..hope your cruise on the Triumph was just as exciting..you have a wonderful attitude. Thanks again

Thank you so much for your wonderful review..I know no one has posted anything here in quit awhile but DH and I are sailing this cruise in Sept. and your review has been very helpful and enjoyable..hope your cruise on the Triumph was just as exciting..you have a wonderful attitude. Thanks again

Awww, thanks tamigirl40!! I try to have a good attitude about things...it makes life much more enjoyable, ya know? September seems like a great time of year for a cruise...not too hot and not too cold. You will have to let me know how you liked it. I'm sure you and your DH will have a wonderful time! ;)

Archived