Upgrading

PDsandman01

I've posted this question before, but not sure if I got the answer I wanted. I'm booked in a 1A cabin aboard the Fascination in June. We were wondering what the chances to be upgraded were. Do I have to ask for this, or is this given to me? The only reply I got was that it would be on my doccuments. We know we have E187, but will they automatically upgrade if available?

If you booked a specific 1A cabin, which it appears is the case here as you know your cabin # (E187), it is extremely unlikely that you would be upgraded.

Your chances would be astronomically better had you booked a 1A guarantee instead.

No. Since you have booked a specific cabin, you won't receive an upgrade unless you are willing to pay more to be upgraded. However, you might call your booking agent and advise them that you'd accept one, if available at no charge.:D

Upgrades are generally given (if then) to persons booking a 'guarantee status' cabin. But....by no means are you assured of getting an upgrade even by booking guarantee.

I have to disagree with the other 2 posters. I just returned from the Destiny where I had booked a 1A room on the main deck. 2105 to be exact. When I checked in I had been upgraded to a 6A . 6101 to be exact. It was a very nice surprise. I won't say that it happens often, and you probably shouldn't expect it, but it does happen.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Archived