Elation question

chasinraynbowz

I ask because have been reading horror stories about the wait. One person said they got there around noon and didn't get on the ship till close to 3. Another says not to arrive at the port before 1030, yet at other ports we arrive between 10 and 1030 with no problem.

We have sailed out of Mobile several times and have not experienced problems. We usually try to get to the port around 10:45 - 11:00 am and, most of the time, we are able to drive right in. On our last sailing from Mobile, we arrived at 11:00 am, and there were a few cars in line ahead of us. We did have to wait a few minutes on a train to pass by, but it only took a few minutes.

On one and only one of our departures from Mobile, there was a delay in the debarkation that morning and we could not get in line. We parked across the street (under the I-10 highway) and waited about 30 minutes before going back over.

Mobile has had a few incidents with heavy fog and the ship could not get in to unload passengers and the passengers waiting to board had to wait all day to board. However, we have found that Mobile is one of the easiest ports to board with a very friendly staff at the terminal. For some reason, though, it seems slow to disembark at the end. Next time, even though we have had Platinum status for the last 6 or 7 cruises, we have decided to not get in a rush leaving the ship and getting caught in the middle of mobs of people who are trying to be first off the ship.

We were there in September. We arrived at the port at 10:15 a.m. and were told that the garage would open at 10:30. There were a few cars in line, so we got in line. They did open the garage right at 10:30 and we were maybe the 10th car in. Our only "hold up" was that the car directly in front of us had a whole trunk full of luggage.........and they hadn't put any of their luggage tags on them. The lady stood there pulling them out of her purse. It took forever and we couldn't back up because there were cars right behind us in line.

Put your tags on BEFORE you arrive at the pier!:)

I live less than an hours drive from Mobile. I always arrive at the Mobile terminal around 10:30, get in line and drive right in. I never pre-print out luggage tags (waste of ink and paper). The porters at the terminal have tags and a current list of cabin assignments and will be happy to put them on the bags for anyone that ask.

7 day cruze..full house..more bags...more time..I usually get thet around 10:45..this time in limo..11.30..with George...he knew the reason..also it was A HUGE parade, at my arvl time 9:15..streets blocked off for a Seniors thingy..Run, snak wagons, stuff ..then back to the Vets Parade...out of my 31 cruzes from there..that was the 1st time for that..even Mard gras is not that much problems, as most is after sailing. I assure you...this was waaaay abnormal. The 1st wave of peeps is about 11 til 12'30..and again at 2ish for the last straglers.

The cruise before mine will be a 4 day, but they are FULL!!!

You have all been wonderful!! I needed some "ammo" for DH and SIL... lol. DH wants to be at the dock by 9am (this is normal for him). SIL doesn't care if we get there at noon or later. For me, getting there at 1030 will be fine!!

The cruise before mine will be a 4 day, but they are FULL!!!

You have all been wonderful!! I needed some "ammo" for DH and SIL... lol. DH wants to be at the dock by 9am (this is normal for him). SIL doesn't care if we get there at noon or later. For me, getting there at 1030 will be fine!!

We just got back from The Halloween Elation sailing. Tell DH not to be in a huge hurry to get to the terminal. We arrived at the terminal at 9 and ended up sitting with the wedding party before getting on the ship. We waited 2 hours till they let us thru to go check in. Then another hour in the holding area where you get your boarding cards for the early people. We were literally the first people on board behind the wedding party and Vip. Our freinds that were with us arrived at the parking deck at 1015 and were on the ship 5 min after us. If I could have done it all over I would have arrived at 1030 and gotten on just as quick as those people with out the three hour wait.

I have gotten there before 10 and they wouldn't let you get close to the terminal because they were still debarking from the ship. One time they made us wait under an off ramp in a field. That was a mess. My advice would be not to get there before 11. I have been on 4 cruises out of mobile getting ready for the 5th.

Thanks for all the help. I think the general concensus is to get that around 1030am, which is what we will do. I have already talked to my sister in law and had to convince her that it was OK to go before the 1230pm suggested time on her boarding pass. She said that she had read somewhere that if you get there early, they make you go to the back of the line... lol. I have NO clue where she read that, but she did agree that 1030 would be ok!!

DH, well if he wants there any earlier, he will have to walk... and its about an 8 mile walk... LOL!! I suspect he will wait for us!! ;)

What time should we walk over from the Hampton over to the pier? Can anyone tell us where to go or will the place be clearly marked. We booked the cruise and stay package so our car will stay at the Hampton Inn on Royal. Thanks for any advice or information. We are soooo anxious for our December cruise.

What time should we walk over from the Hampton over to the pier? Can anyone tell us where to go or will the place be clearly marked. We booked the cruise and stay package so our car will stay at the Hampton Inn on Royal. Thanks for any advice or information. We are soooo anxious for our December cruise.

You could probably head on over about 1030 and be fine. The entry doors are marked, however if you get lost just ask one of the many cops standing around for directions. You could do a drive-by the day before to get a layout of the terminal. Good Luck

You could probably head on over about 1030 and be fine. The entry doors are marked, however if you get lost just ask one of the many cops standing around for directions. You could do a drive-by the day before to get a layout of the terminal. Good Luck

Thats what we plan on doing, a driveby the day before so we know where we are going... lol.

Is this an easy option? Jut booked our first Carnival cruise and seeing what options are out there for parking.

$75 for 5 days...$55 for a single cruzer is good for me. If you are sharing, then a split is a better idea dollar wise..Mardi Gras time is the same $75 tho. Up to you. The limo comes pretty quick.. I have them on speed dial:p

We are parking at the terminal. We will split the cost with my SIL and BIL so it will be $38 each... not bad.

We are staying across the bay in Daphne. We got a good rate on the room and by the time we pay for parking, it was cheaper for us than to do the cruise and park.

Archived