Should We Try DCL? Need Some Advice Please

lovetocruise75

Good afternoon everyone! My DW and I have been on X and RCCL a handful of times but now that we have a 2 1/2 year old we were thinking of trying Disney. She loves Mickey and every Disney movie under the sun (who doesn't?!)

We are looking at the April 21, 2012 sailing aboard the Fantasy which I see will be just 3 weeks old at that point. My DD will be 4.

For those of you who have been on RCCL ships, give me your opinion. We love the larger ships RCCL offers and the new Dream and Fantasy look similar in size. How about the balcony stateroom differences. DCL bigger than RCCL?

Help!

Good afternoon everyone! My DW and I have been on X and RCCL a handful of times but now that we have a 2 1/2 year old we were thinking of trying Disney. She loves Mickey and every Disney movie under the sun (who doesn't?!)

We are looking at the April 21, 2012 sailing aboard the Fantasy which I see will be just 3 weeks old at that point. My DD will be 4.

For those of you who have been on RCCL ships, give me your opinion. We love the larger ships RCCL offers and the new Dream and Fantasy look similar in size. How about the balcony stateroom differences. DCL bigger than RCCL?

Help!

Here's my humble opinion. I haven't cruised RCCL but have been on Disney,Norweigan and Princess a couple of times; If you are taking kids then Disney is very hard to beat. Your 4 year old will have experiences that she won't have on the other lines simply because it is Disney. Without kids I have a hard time justifying the extra expense on Disney versus the other lines. We are sailing on the Dream in February with our 4 kids and I know they will have an amazing time. I can almost guarantee you won't regret trying Disney. Good luck.

Here's my humble opinion. I haven't cruised RCCL but have been on Disney,Norweigan and Princess a couple of times; If you are taking kids then Disney is very hard to beat. Your 4 year old will have experiences that she won't have on the other lines simply because it is Disney. Without kids I have a hard time justifying the extra expense on Disney versus the other lines. We are sailing on the Dream in February with our 4 kids and I know they will have an amazing time. I can almost guarantee you won't regret trying Disney. Good luck.

Couldn't have said it better myself,

Archived