orlando mco to port canavaral

zocko123

Hi all, My family of nine will be going on the Freedom of the Seas Apr 3 2011. We are thinking of renting a 14 passenger van from mco to the port and back.I think there is free shuttle service from the rental drop-off to the port,or does it make more sense to take a shuttle service round trip instead of a rent a van to and from the port Any one done this? thanks, Tony M

Hello There!

We love cruising out of Canaveral. IMHO, we never feel like driving after flying in, even though it is only a 2hr 30min flight for us. We'd just rather relax and allow someone else do the driving for us. I'd highly recommend the Cocoa Beach Shuttle - they have given us great customer service on several occasions, and not just cruises.

On our last cruise, we arrived earlier than the other 36 people, and did not want to wait at the airport for them, and CBS allowed us to use an earlier shuttle than what we had reserved. They brought the others down later in two shuttles. I believe that they have the ability to fit 14 in one van, and If I remember, it was rather a great deal. I would check them out online and even give them a call as they are awesome to work with!!!

Mike

EDIT - add: We also fly in the day before, to help dispell any possible travel delays. The last trip also included a 25 min detour off the expressway due to an accident. We also stay at the Radisson Resort at the Port in CB and we get to watch the ships in port and see the ship the next morning before taking the shuttle over, which is complimentary from the hotel.

Archived