Non-English Speaking Things to Do

MyWifeLuvsCruising

I'm travelling to SJ next week with my parents-in-law, but they don't speak English (they speak Polish). Any recommendations on things to do for those that don't speak/understand English? They don't travel hardly at all, so a tour or something like that would be great, except that they'd miss the explanation for everything - but the do like the tourist things and sightseeing. Any help or suggestions? TIA

I would say go to the forts & walk around town. You can translate from the info booklets you can get at the Tourism office right off the pier. The structures are interesting enough that I think they will enjoy it even if they miss the details.

A long shot, but I googled the Polish consulate in PR and found this info. Who knows if they might have some kind of services they can use? :)

Honorary Consul Bohdan Chester Hryniewicz

771 1st Street, suite 411

San Juan, Puerto Rico 00920-1706

phone (787) 781 3254, 941 266 4699

fax (787) 781 3254

e-mail: hryni44@comcast.net

Good luck!

I would say go to the forts & walk around town. You can translate from the info booklets you can get at the Tourism office right off the pier. The structures are interesting enough that I think they will enjoy it even if they miss the details.

A long shot, but I googled the Polish consulate in PR and found this info. Who knows if they might have some kind of services they can use? :)

I agree. The forts and downtown OSJ is a fun day.

Archived