Need Bordeaux wine tour help

cle1

I believe you will want to go to St.Emillion and the area surrounding,and my advice would be to contact the tourist bureau in Bodreaux and have them arrange a tour for you or maybe someone will know of a guide to take you re the board.My husband collects wine and we have done this a few times,but we have gone on our own so I cannot give you any names and actually we did a small tour once that we arranged throught the tourist board and it was quite good.The tourist board office is in a great location as there is the wine museum and plenty of good wine shops close by.Know your wine prices though before you go is all I will add.If you have the time I would have luncheon in St.Emillion as it is a wonderful small town in the middle of wine county.Enjoy no matter what you do,

If you can work it in a winery tour will producethe best value for wine. buying in shops will get reasonable prices, but no deals. A good winery tour will include a vertical tasting (several vintages) so you can experience the ageing and differing qualities of the vintages.

I agree that St Emilion is the best area to visit as the town itself is interesting and charming.

If you can work it in a winery tour will producethe best value for wine. buying in shops will get reasonable prices, but no deals. A good winery tour will include a vertical tasting (several vintages) so you can experience the ageing and differing qualities of the vintages.

I agree that St Emilion is the best area to visit as the town itself is interesting and charming.

Thank you for your input..Carol

• 10 months later...

We were on Azamara, docked in Bordeaux for 1-1/2 days. Bordeaux is a great city you can tour on your own (Fodor's or Rick Steves for help). We hired bordeaux-wine-travel to take us to St. Emilion and tour that wine region. VERY DISAPPOINTING. The website promised us a guide; we got a driver, instead. BUT we did go to two great wineries and had good tours and tastings and we went to St. Emilion. Neat little town and the city runs tours if you don't want to just walk by yourself. There are several places that offer tastings.

Archived