Jewel swimmies / life vest question

roveer

We are on the Jewel this weekend. The kids are 12, 9, 6 & 4. My wife is asking if we should bring the rubberized life jackets that we've had for the young kids for years. Either that or swimmies?

I read a post where most said the jackets were overkill, but I also know that it takes the burden off of us just a bit.

Do people bring these kind of jackets on the boat? Do they allow swimmies?

Thanks.

We just arrived back from the jewel this past Sunday. We had our 12 year old and 9 year old with us. We barely used the pool because of the weather - too cold and windy to swim. It didn't warm up until we were in FL and then we were busy at the ports. On our trip home the pool was closed as the water came out of the pool due to the rocky ride. My 9 year old is very small for his age - 48" and not a good swimmer. He did ok but the pool is deep in the middle There were some other children swimming that did have life jacket type suits on as well as swimmies. There was a younger children swim area but I didn't check it out.

We are on the Jewel this weekend. The kids are 12, 9, 6 & 4. My wife is asking if we should bring the rubberized life jackets that we've had for the young kids for years. Either that or swimmies?

I read a post where most said the jackets were overkill, but I also know that it takes the burden off of us just a bit.

Do people bring these kind of jackets on the boat? Do they allow swimmies?

Thanks.

Our 3 1/2 year old GD wore swimmies in the big pool & down the slide and in the Courtyard pool & GV hot tub. No problem. The pool water is salt water and she was very bouyant with them on. She wore them at the private island and had a blast.

There reallys isn't anyone assigned to watch them in the pool but YOU. There was someone from NCL controlling the slide at times but not all the time.

The pool by the slide (adult/kids) is deep

Have a great cruise, we did:)

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Bring whichever makes you the most comfortable. I have seen kids in life jackets and with swimmies. LOL...on our Jewel cruise last May there was an older gentleman who swam every morning with swimmies on! Hey, whatever floats your boat....errrrr body!

Enjoy your cruise!

Are inflateable small tubes for kids allowed in the pool ?

That's funny, you'd think after 30 NCL cruises, I'd remember seeing a tube or float just once in the big pool. I'm not sure if it would be allowed, tho, because when there are waves, the pool water sloshes and someone could be knocked under and stay under a float or a heavy tube. On the other hand, there isn't a lifeguard and there doesn't seem to be anyone enforcing 'rules;' except atop the slide.

OP: I have seen plenty of swimmies and little kids in life-vest floaties. but remember that child life preservers, the real kind, are available from your cabin steward. Make sure you have ones that are the right size on the first day.

Are inflateable small tubes for kids allowed in the pool ?

When we were on the Jewel in March my son went in the large pool every day in one of the inflatible "life rings" we bought at the gift shop. The pool was not very crowded and no one ever said he couldn't. In August the pool was packed so he didn't use it.

We used to bring floaties for the boys and we bring blow up beach balls, tubes whatever they can play with. Even those dive thingys. No one has ever said amything to us. We usually are cruising when there are not many kids on board though. That could make a difference. I would bring whatever makes you feel the most comfortable for safety on the ship. Have a fun trip!!!!!

Archived