Disembarkation from Dawn at POM

zenonman

This is my first cruise ever and I will be on the Dawn at XMAS. I have some question on disembarkation

1. When it is stated on the schedule that the arrival time in Miami on Dec 26 is 8:00am and "disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking", does it mean that docking is at 6:00am and disembarkation starts at 8:00am or docking is at 8:00am and disembarkation starts at 10:00 ?

2. What would be then the earliest disembarkation time ?

3. I planned to use SAS to return to FLL Airport but my cell phone has not a USA number and I don't think I will bring it at all. Is there somewhere near the disembarkation where I could use a public phone ?

Thanks all

Sas transportation was waiting for us in the island outside the main door after you claim your luggage. There are several vans there and SAS is one of them. We disembarked and walked right to the van with a portor who followed to the van with the luggage. it could not be easier. The driver had our names and info. A pleasure.

If you need to leave the ship early, you can carry your own bags off. We carried off our own bags from the Dawn in October. We left the ship around 8AM.

Instead of putting your luggage outside of your cabin the night before, with a colored tag, keep your luggage. Go down to deck 7 to get in line walk your own luggage off the ship. The line starts forming early, but it moves rather quickly.

This was the first time that we walked off with our luggage from a ship and we really liked it. We didnt have to look for our luggage in the port waiting area and we zoomed right through to a waiting taxi.

If you would rather have the ship's crew remove your luggage, pick up colored luggage tags at the reception desk. You can pick the time that you would like to leave the ship. You wait on the ship until your color is called. You luggage will be waiting in an area marked with your color of tag in the port building. (You do have to look through all the luggage stored with yours)

Have a great cruise!

-Kim

On a cruise 4 years ago with family, in the haste to get on the road to drive home, I accidentally picked up the wrong bag in luggage claim. Didn't realize it until we are at home 3 hours from port. I was able to ship the bag back to the owner and RCCL shipped our bag back (cost about $40.00 I think) but I still feel guilty for the anxiety I caused someone else when their bag was missing. When I cruise in 8 days, I might try walk off this time which means I must pack much lighter.

We did self-disembark today, off of the Dawn. (POM)

We were out of the Customs building by 7:30, and on our way to FLL airport!

We arrived at the FLL airport at 8:10!!

We did not have pre-arranged transfer plans, but there were many many vans waiting to take you anywhere you needed to go. We paid $20 pp, and rode with 3 other couples, in a big white passenger van.

Perfect! We could of flown out on a 10 am flight if we needed to! No problem!

Thank you all. Very usefull info. I don't have a so early flight but since it's the first time, I wanted to make sure I didn't give the shuttle a too early or too late meeting time. Now I know that I will keep my luggage in my room.

We got off the Dawn today pretty much at the appointed time of 9:20AM. We were northbound on I-95 by 10AM. We stayed in the room until 9am and sat a few minutes on deck 7 waiting--oh so easy!! 9:20 was the earliest independent travelers could get off without taking all luggage with you--we set some bags out by 1am and picked them up in the terminal---no problem, no struggle--a porter wheeled our stuff to garage C.

We both felt it was the easiest disembark we have done in Miami. About 7-8 total out of Miami on NCL and Carnival.

To be fair, it seemed like a light load on the Dawn this trip.

We docked before dawn--around 6am. Some crew members got off around 7am as we had breakfast in the Venetian dining room.

Archived