Announcement of Godmothers

I heard it was going to be Gloria Estefan.

They were looking for a local(ish) celebrity and she has a new album coming out Feb 2011.

I doubt it as I am pretty sure she has been Godmother twice on RCI ships the last one being Oasis..is this another rumour LOL:D

I doubt it as I am pretty sure she has been Godmother twice on RCI ships the last one being Oasis..is this another rumour LOL:D

Oh maybe that's what I heard. LOL is she really a godmother of Oasis?

Oh then maybe it's the Kate Middleton girl.. the upcoming Queen of England :winky:

Yep she was one of 7 Godmothers they selected for Oasis. She was the Godmother also of at the time Nordic Empress which was renamed Empress of the Seas that is no longer part of the RCI fleet.

Enjoy your pre inaugural..you lucky lady:)

Yep she was one of 7 Godmothers they selected for Oasis. She was the Godmother also of at the time Nordic Empress which was renamed Empress of the Seas that is no longer part of the RCI fleet.

Enjoy your pre inaugural..you lucky lady:)

Oh Thank you so much! I will post pics and a trip report when I return :)

I agree, I would hate to find out that it is Oprah. Yes, I think there are some that think about that when they are on the ship. To the smart elec that said to cancel the cruise because of this, well even though it is a consideration, I will just hope she isn't on there when I am. ;)

I agree, I would hate to find out that it is Oprah. Yes, I think there are some that think about that when they are on the ship. To the smart elec that said to cancel the cruise because of this, well even though it is a consideration, I will just hope she isn't on there when I am. ;)

I'm genuinely curious as to how this would impact your cruise in any way. I see that Whoopi Goldberg is a godmother for one of the ships? Seriously? I'm sure she's a nice person, but why her? (I only know this because this thread made me look--I could not care less). Why not Oprah? Why not Hillary Clinton? Why not Lady Gaga?

Who cares?

I'm genuinely curious as to how this would impact your cruise in any way. I see that Whoopi Goldberg is a godmother for one of the ships? Seriously? I'm sure she's a nice person, but why her? (I only know this because this thread made me look--I could not care less). Why not Oprah? Why not Hillary Clinton? Why not Lady Gaga?

Who cares?

I wish all I had to worry about in life was who the Godmother of a ship that I may cruise in a few times in my life is. Lord forbid that she be on the ship the same time as me.;)

Sounds like some divas don't like it when a black woman from very modest beginnings becomes super rich and powerful. I guess that distinction should just be reserved for divas.:p

Well said!! Oprah did it again today! You get a car!! You get a car!! You get a car!! She would make an awesome Godmother!! Think about it RCCL!!

Switch 'er up a bit and go for the most annoying God'son' instead - Justin Beiber:confused::confused::confused: Oprah looking good right about now.

(sorry, couldn't resist getting in on this one)

As a person I like Oprah. I just don't agree with her politics. :)

Also, I don't think she is very Alluring :)

I'm back to Angelina~~~~

As a person I like Oprah. I just don't agree with her politics. :)

Also, I don't think she is very Alluring :)

I'm back to Angelina~~~~

I'm good with Angelina (although I don't technically have a vote). Just no for the Justin Beiber kid please ...:rolleyes:

I wonder when we will hear who the new godmothers are or if there will be just 1?? I surely hope its not Oprah .... I just have grown to really dislike her, she has some really bizarre ways of thinking and she even scares me somewhat...I am glad she is going off the air and freeing up the airspace for something else. I agree she has been a great humanitarian and gives away alot of her money..but she still lives in the lap of luxury and has more money than she will ever use or need in 20 lifetimes. I have just seen and heard enough of her and can't wait till she's off the air.

I just hope they pick someone better than her, that's all....I will probably get a huge flaming response from this...but it is Just My Opinion!!!

I agree. I think she is so annoying.

Who cares?

Wow, I am not even sure what to say about that. Look I just said I don't like her, I didn't realize that was a crime and last I check you can express an oopinion on here...you certainly did yours.

Oh then maybe it's the Kate Middleton girl.. the upcoming Queen of England :winky:

LOL, don't you mean Queen of Great Britain & Northern Ireland!!!! Queen of England is the same as saying Obama is President of Florida..... :D

LOL, don't you mean Queen of Great Britain & Northern Ireland!!!! Queen of England is the same as saying Obama is President of Florida..... :D

Wish he was only the President of Florida. :)

So sorry. Thanks for the correction. You are very right. I am very excited about Cathrine AKA Kate, actually, and looking forward to watching the Royal wedding:)

Wow, I am not even sure what to say about that. Look I just said I don't like her, I didn't realize that was a crime and last I check you can express an oopinion on here...you certainly did yours.

Relax...I don't care if you like Oprah or not. I'm not really a huge fan myself, actually, and I certainly never said you couldn't express an opinion. I'm really wondering why Woopie Goldberg was chosen. Does she have some connection to RCI?

I am genuinely curious about why there is so much concern about who the godmother is. It would never have occurred to me to think about it, but people, including yourself, seem to really care, and I wonder why it's so important.

I also don't care who the captain is on a ship, as I don't think he/she has an impact on my cruise because they all do the same thing and I never see them (except maybe at an event one night). I honestly don't know how a godmother, who I would never meet, would make a difference. I am just curious why people care so much--I'm not judging or accusing anyone of a crime--I just want to know.

Perhaps I have learned a valuable lesson here not to post anything negative regarding an opinion on something.(

I know how you feel. I stated my opinion on the choice of the musical Chicago. As a Christian I thought it was quite risque when I saw in the movie theater and was disappointed that it was RCI's choice for Allure. I began to be thought of as someone who wanted to burn books as well. Geez!!

Perhaps I have learned a valuable lesson here not to post anything negative regarding an opinion on something.(

I know how you feel. I stated my opinion on the choice of the musical Chicago. As a Christian I thought it was quite risque when I saw in the movie theater and was disappointed that it was RCI's choice for Allure. I began to be thought of as someone who wanted to burn books as well. Geez!!

Archived