Valparaiso Port to SCL Airport Cost/Pitfalls

CRUISENAV8R

Since I live in South America, I have a 2:30 flight out of SCL. We (family of 4) will be needing transportation from the port directly to the airport. Does anyone have an approximate cost, and any recommended modes of transportation? We generally take a cab, but I understand it is an hour and a half, and that's a lot of time for a cab to really take advantage of the situation. :eek:

Thanks

Jon

Since I live in South America, I have a 2:30 flight out of SCL. We (family of 4) will be needing transportation from the port directly to the airport. Does anyone have an approximate cost, and any recommended modes of transportation? We generally take a cab, but I understand it is an hour and a half, and that's a lot of time for a cab to really take advantage of the situation. :eek:

Thanks

Jon

It will be about $125-150 for a cab AND you have to find a driver willing to take you. Not all will. AND it will probably be a very tight fit with 4 people and cruise luggage in a normal taxi.

I would rent a car. $10-20 cab ride from the Port to Rosselot rental cars (Chilean car dealer who also rents cars). You can get a car which will COMFORTABLY fit 4 plus luggage. About $100-150 for the day depending on which vehicle you rent. Drop off directly at the airport.

Since you live in South America, you are used to the roads and customs. The drive from Valpo/Vina to SCL is almost all toll road (don't forget the Chilean pesos). Good road, easy drive. AND if you want lunch before you get on the plane, there is a Mickey D's in one of the service plazas on the way to Santiago.

http://www.rosselot.cl/

It will be about $125-150 for a cab AND you have to find a driver willing to take you. Not all will. AND it will probably be a very tight fit with 4 people and cruise luggage in a normal taxi.

I would rent a car. $10-20 cab ride from the Port to Rosselot rental cars (Chilean car dealer who also rents cars). You can get a car which will COMFORTABLY fit 4 plus luggage. About $100-150 for the day depending on which vehicle you rent. Drop off directly at the airport.

Since you live in South America, you are used to the roads and customs. The drive from Valpo/Vina to SCL is almost all toll road (don't forget the Chilean pesos). Good road, easy drive. AND if you want lunch before you get on the plane, there is a Mickey D's in one of the service plazas on the way to Santiago.

http://www.rosselot.cl/

Thanks, I will look into this. Does anyone know of any private services?

Archived