A Crazie Dream...togas, PJs, blinky lights...and a peter.

floatingaway2525

I've posted photos of the Crazies' Meet & Mingle and other photos on my website under "Carnival Dream..." at http://DarryD.com/CC .

There are NO ads on my website.

IF you have friends who travel (1) without travel insurance or (2) with only an ID & birth certificate, be sure to read the "Travel Insurance" on that website. Our in-laws, Rich & Cristal, would have been "without a paddle" had they not had both.

We had a great time, met a lot of strangely wonderful new friends, and can't wait for the next cruise.

Ugh who took the weekend, bring it back right now:rolleyes:

Continuing with our first sea day tonight!!!:D

GOOD MORNING FLOATIE and CRAZIES!!!!

I did my KETCHUP and am all back up to date!!!!

GREAT REVIEW and loved the photos from ALL SOURCES!!!

Oy vey!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: Such a crowd!!! Such FUN FUN FUN!!!!

The toga party incident.... for some time now in the thread we have been batting around the toga party and had narrowed down when we planned to have it and where (Nassau day after late dinner in the piano bar).

Well due to some shenanigans that my doppelganger Bob Anderson had written with some of the lovely ladies of the Crazie Dreamers forum I somehow was in danger....danger of being jumped and forcefully dressed in a toga. I had only caught the occasional hint of this master plot to surprise me with duct tape (pink in color no less) and a toga sheet, and further toga party adornments. I brushed all these idol threat off as harmless posturing... Boy was I wrong!

On the night in question I entered the Piano bar none the wiser to the sinister plot that was afoot. Now I noticed several exchanged glances as the ring leader gave the nod, with a whisper the plan sprang into action. A bed sheet appeared from nowhere and I was being flanked from all sides by duct tape crazed women in toga outfits.!!!!

Gentlemen, the fear and horror I felt was unimaginable, what pain and suffering was I to endure? Just what did these crazed women with duct tape have in mind? I stood my ground and fought off the urge to scream like a 5 year old girl. Well I actually just sat there and kept saying ..ummm what are you all doing... But I assure you that the pain and mental anguish was real, I was in fear for my life....we at least in fear of exactly where they planned to put that duct tape!

From here on out it becomes a blur, I remember being bound and wrapped like a hastily wrapped present for the duct tape toga women's amusement. My camera has some photographic evidence of the occurrence, my my mind has rightfully blocked out the incident so as not to have me relive the horror over and over. I only share the following pictures with you in hopes that you remain aware. The toga women of duct tape can and do attack with little to no provocation. Be afraid be very afraid!

toga1.jpg

toga2.jpg

and that that dag gun Peter just had to get in on the photo too! Such a camera Hog!

Remember folks remain alert, the are out there!

I want to thank the aforementioned duct tape wielding women of the toga incident for making this quite an interesting evening, you all are truly Crazie!

I wonder if penthouse might be interested in a slightly different take on this story hmmmm.....with some poetic license and some much needed hyperbole hmmmmmm

Ward, did you notice that the harem of CRAZIES duct tape women were all blonde? Great photo of Tammy! And, I have to admit that BOB looks like he is really enjoying being taped up....hmmmmm....memories???

Trudy

Ward, did you notice that the harem of CRAZIES duct tape women were all blonde? Great photo of Tammy! And, I have to admit that BOB looks like he is really enjoying being taped up....hmmmmm....memories???

Trudy

Yup someone else had pointed that out to me, but it is interesting!

That might make a great bumper sticker....

BEWARE OF BLONDES WITH DUCT TAPE

Ugh who took the weekend, bring it back right now:rolleyes:

Continuing with our first sea day tonight!!!:D

Our "Dream Journal" ( http://DarryD.com/CC ) might be of benefit to you. There are plenty of places on that ship to get away - most notably the library (Page Turner, deck 4) and the deck outside the Pasta (deck 11, above The Gathering) - and places to gather. The Piano Bar is a great place to gather during the day, and an even better place for quiet conversion at night.

First things first, it's amazing when you get us all together in one room, we're quite the crowd...it was so much fun!!! This was my first chance to really meet Peter, so y'all get to meet him now too...actually, his name is Peter Less:p and he is the companion to one of our Dreamers Janet, who told us all about his adventures on our thread pre-cruise, and promised to bring him along to meet the Scots and sail with us...Peter was quite famous by the time we returned and you will have many more sightings as we go through the week, lmao...

C'mon you guys, time for more pics!!

May I add your photos to the slideshow we're sharing with the other cruisers at http://DarryD.com/CC ?

Several of those we're sharing with are not CruiseCritic members - some because they are concerned about privacy issues; some because they have short attention spans; and some because they are not 'net savvy' (their label) enough to keep up.

Well the paid cocktail party was so much fun. We got to meet those whom we had talked to online, it was like one big family meeting for the first time!

My thanks to all of you for you... you made this a cruise to remember and cherish.

May I add your photos to the slideshow we're sharing with the other cruisers at http://DarryD.com/CC ?

Several of those we're sharing with are not CruiseCritic members - some because they are concerned about privacy issues; some because they have short attention spans; and some because they are not 'net savvy' (their label) enough to keep up.

Ummm...I'd prefer not, thanks Darry...

I'm on a rogue connection here and I got five minutes until yet another meeting, ftlog...it's definitely DWNWDNM and I wanna be cruising here!!!:p

See yas tonight!!!:D

I'm just visiting your planet, and I don't understand some of the words.

What is DWNWDNM, please?

Darry,

Thank you for asking first, however given the potentially embarrassing nature of the photos I would rather limit the places where they are posted. Plus I dont know how everyone else in the photos feel about having there picture reproduced in multiple places.

At this time I would prefer that you dont copy the photos.

Any scenery or sunset pictures you see of mine you are more than welcome to copy those.

Thank you,

Ward

Darry,

Thank you for asking first, however given the potentially embarrassing nature of the photos I would rather limit the places where they are posted. Plus I dont know how everyone else in the photos feel about having there picture reproduced in multiple places.

At this time I would prefer that you dont copy the photos.

Any scenery or sunset pictures you see of mine you are more than welcome to copy those.

Thank you,

Ward

Hey Ward, thanks so much for clarifying that. I'll have to agree...especially re: the toga party. They really are innocent and harmless pictures but its best to also consider the more professional side of our lives. The less places the pictures turn up, the easier it is to monitor who can and can't find them. Just saying. :o) its sometimes hard to gauge what is ok and what is not. Until this trip I rarely if ever allowed pictures of bennett on the web. But I also know that if someone took pictures of me, I wanna see them! Lol hard to gauge. :o

Hey Ward, thanks so much for clarifying that. I'll have to agree...especially re: the toga party. They really are innocent and harmless pictures but its best to also consider the more professional side of our lives. The less places the pictures turn up, the easier it is to monitor who can and can't find them. Just saying. :o) its sometimes hard to gauge what is ok and what is not. Until this trip I rarely if ever allowed pictures of bennett on the web. But I also know that if someone took pictures of me, I wanna see them! Lol hard to gauge. :o

Well my current boss if he ever stumbled across it would laugh his butt off. Others in the office would print it out and I might have to suffer some minor ribbing. but no big deal. However if a potential employer saw that... well it might be taken out of context and etc etc etc....

safer than sorry you know :)

Well my current boss if he ever stumbled across it would laugh his butt off. Others in the office would print it out and I might have to suffer some minor ribbing. but no big deal. However if a potential employer saw that... well it might be taken out of context and etc etc etc....

safer than sorry you know :)

Exactly. :D perfectly put.

Not to mention I'm on parole (that whole peeping tom thing and anger management issues Lol!) this is borderline kidnapping! :eek: lmao!!! I'm sure to get another 6 months! Or like 7 months! I can't go back! Bob I just can't! Peter already said he wouldn't visit me. Lol

Hi Floats...loving the review and pics.......can't wait for the Crazies February run (I did tell ya Everclear boy was booked, right ?). :)

Btw...Bill and I have stayed in the L-balcony twice now and love it :D

Hi Susan, thanks!!:) Oh yes I know that boy is booked, make sure he knows that no matter how much Floatie thinks it may be a great idea at the time, no everclear for Floatie, nope nada zilch:eek::rolleyes::p

Hi Susan, thanks!!:) Oh yes I know that boy is booked, make sure he knows that no matter how much Floatie thinks it may be a great idea at the time, no everclear for Floatie, nope nada zilch:eek::rolleyes::p

But he sells it so nicely :). And if you fall overboard....he can save you :)

Are the boards reeeeealy slow now or is it my *^%#%& laptop again???

I hit submit and then I wait, and wait, and wait...I suk at waiting!!

Forgot a couple tidbits about our Nassau day...and now that a surprise has been delivered I can post a few more pics and some background from our first cocktail party...

What happened was, Mach and Stitch couldn't physically sail with us :( so we added two spirits to our roll call and wanted to make sure they were too there! One of the best ideas ever was Ward's, getting our group t-shirts and all the Crazies signing them so we could send some surprises after the sail...we had SO much fun getting them signed, starting at the cocktail party...

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

Happily, my chief co-schemer advised that the package is received so the pics can go up...That was just the beginning of the fun, more to follow later in the sail...

Now about Nassau and the seas....Right after we boarded from Nassau, we heard the coves were closed:eek::confused: maybe Ward/Bob can confirm, I forgot to...when we asked why (this was on Lido aft for sailaway) we were told that after we left Nassau, we would be crossing through what tail remained from Tomas and we would have some seas...sure wish Mama hadn't been there for that conversation...lol!

As it turned out, they weren't kidding, and we had the funniest time in the disco ever!!! Cupid (to the right to the right...) turned into to the riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!! I also learned that it's true what you hear about the aft end and your bed movement...:p I LOVED IT!!!

I'm just visiting your planet, and I don't understand some of the words.

What is DWNWDNM, please?

HAHAHAA!!! Visitors always welcome and to be initiated!!:p

DWNWDNM is craziespeak for ummmm....the day after Sunday....Day Whose Name We Dare Not Mention....our fearless leader accurately maintains that nothing good ever comes on THAT day as it ends the weekend!!!:D

I love love love sea days, really I do...I don't have much to report on this one because I spent most of it on that glorious balcony contemplating this...

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

It don't get any better than that!!!:)

Of course, I managed to get out and walk around, eat, visit some favorite spots from my last time on Dream, eat, nap, eat, well....you get the gist:p

Are the boards reeeeealy slow now or is it my *^%#%& laptop again???

I hit submit and then I wait, and wait, and wait...I suk at waiting!!

Forgot a couple tidbits about our Nassau day...and now that a surprise has been delivered I can post a few more pics and some background from our first cocktail party...

What happened was, Mach and Stitch couldn't physically sail with us :( so we added two spirits to our roll call and wanted to make sure they were too there! One of the best ideas ever was Ward's, getting our group t-shirts and all the Crazies signing them so we could send some surprises after the sail...we had SO much fun getting them signed, starting at the cocktail party...

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

Happily, my chief co-schemer advised that the package is received so the pics can go up...That was just the beginning of the fun, more to follow later in the sail...

Now about Nassau and the seas....Right after we boarded from Nassau, we heard the coves were closed:eek::confused: maybe Ward/Bob can confirm, I forgot to...when we asked why (this was on Lido aft for sailaway) we were told that after we left Nassau, we would be crossing through what tail remained from Tomas and we would have some seas...sure wish Mama hadn't been there for that conversation...lol!

As it turned out, they weren't kidding, and we had the funniest time in the disco ever!!! Cupid (to the right to the right...) turned into to the riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!! I also learned that it's true what you hear about the aft end and your bed movement...:p I LOVED IT!!!

Getting the tshirts was just may way of saying we miss you. Then it dawned on me that everyone could express themselves by signing them. The hardest part was keeping my trap shut about them, before and after they were signed! Enjoy them you two!

Yes the Cove balconies were closed up Nassau morning are reopened the next morning.

This was my fourth time back to St T...it's the prettiest harbor when you sail inm that unfolds as you make the entry and the little turn....on my second time there, a tradition was born...meeting on the bow for a mimosa toast for sail-in...it went right on our agenda for this trip too!!

Our arrival was 10am this time so we met about 9 to watch the approach from Lido forward, it's a great bow deck!! We could see the harbor entry coming into view...

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

CHEERS to our arrival!!

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

Champagnesailin.jpg

Good times good times...

Archived