Grand Cayman/Mo-Bay/Cozumel - Liquor???

Cruising Anne

On most of the ships the liquor store will match the the lowest price you find. Check the stores for flyers and see if the liqour store matches the price. This will save you from carrying the booze onboard. Make sure the liquor store onboard has the brands you want

I was on this itinerary in November and the cheapest place I found was at Big Black Dick's in Grand Cayman. I checked prices in Mobay, GC and Cozumel just to see who was cheapest.

For instance this is what I found for 1 litre of Appleton Dark:

MoBay: - $10.00

GC: - $7.00

Coz: - $12.00

On most of the ships the liquor store will match the the lowest price you find. Check the stores for flyers and see if the liqour store matches the price. This will save you from carrying the booze onboard. Make sure the liquor store onboard has the brands you want

Definitely check the liquor prices in the duty free shop onboard. Also make sure they have whatever you want in stock - they could run out before the end of the cruise if there is a run on it.

I know it isn't one of the choices, but St Maarten has the cheapest booze prices in the Caribbean.

Cozumel has the cheapest price on Kaulua. We found it for $8 for a 980ml bottle (almost a liter). The ship sells it for 22.95 for 2 1 liter bottles. Right at the pier it will probably be $9 or $10. Still a great price for a bottle that cost at least $33 here!

Tortuga Rum you can only get in Grand Cayman (sometimes you can find it in Cozumel, but not always). It is very, very good. I think we bought 5 bottles for $47 and they delivered to the ship.

St. Maarten does have the best prices hands down when ever you get there. How about $7.95 for Tanguray(sp)?! Our NY friend couldn't believe it in Oct.

Mexico for Kahlua and Tequila

Mo Bay I would assume for Appleton Rum or other Jamaican rum

and GC (shop Tortuga and Big Black Dick's for best prices) for the rest, including Johnie Walker Blue (or is it black? - the $100+ bottle) was about $100 in GC $110 on the ship and $165 state-side at a discount liquor store

Mexico for Kahlua and Tequila

Mo Bay I would assume for Appleton Rum or other Jamaican rum

and GC (shop Tortuga and Big Black Dick's for best prices) for the rest, including Johnie Walker Blue (or is it black? - the $100+ bottle) was about $100 in GC $110 on the ship and $165 state-side at a discount liquor store

Khalua is good buy in Cozumel, often a great buy. Tequilla prices though were barely cheaper than Spec's liquor here in the greater Houston area. Maybe it is just our proximity to Mexico.

Archived