AI options for Falmouth

OhioJeff

RCCL is offering excursions to Breezes Trelawney (closest to the port) for 99.00, to another place in Negril for 119.00 or to Iberostar Grand in MoBay for 125.00. Prices from Falmouth are much higher due to extra transportation costs.

RCCL is offering excursions to Breezes Trelawney (closest to the port) for 99.00, to another place in Negril for 119.00 or to Iberostar Grand in MoBay for 125.00. Prices from Falmouth are much higher due to extra transportation costs.

Wow ... that would be steep for my family of 4.

Does anyone know of any DIY options we could take a taxi to?

Thanks! I will check on the one in Negril

Hey OhioJeff,

Negril is more than an hour away from Falmouth - passing all of the resorts that were mentioned.

I would recommend either the Iberostar or Rose Hall Resort & Spa - A Hilton resort, both a located just outside Montego Bay.. about 20mins away from Falmouth.

Have fun!!

Hey OhioJeff,

Negril is more than an hour away from Falmouth - passing all of the resorts that were mentioned.

I would recommend either the Iberostar or Rose Hall Resort & Spa - A Hilton resort, both a located just outside Montego Bay.. about 20mins away from Falmouth.

Have fun!!

Thanks, yeah after doing some checking Negril isnt really doable.

Rather than book through RCI you can just take a cab directly to the place for the day @ $60/adult, $35/child. I've called a couple other resorts. Iberostar is probably about a 30min cab to Rose Hall, but from what I gather there are a couple different resorts there. The lower end one is $50/adult, $25/child. But if you go to the higher end one it's $75 and $35, respectively. Having been to neither, Rose Hall looks nicer than Breezes. On the one hand with Jamaica not having the best reputation for safety, booking through RCI makes a lot of sense. On the other hand, if you use one of the reputable cabs, you'll be fine. Knowing what little I do about the geography and driving, I personally would try to keep it to a 30min drive or less, especially w/ kids. It's been a long time since I have been there, but from Falmouth to Negril or even Dunn's River seems too long. Just my opinion though. All that said, if you really want to hit Dunn's, don't let the port location stop you (it's neat, albeit touristy). Really curious to hear feedback from cruisers that go to Falmouth here in the next few weeks.

Rather than book through RCI you can just take a cab directly to the place for the day @ $60/adult, $35/child. I've called a couple other resorts. Iberostar is probably about a 30min cab to Rose Hall, but from what I gather there are a couple different resorts there. The lower end one is $50/adult, $25/child. But if you go to the higher end one it's $75 and $35, respectively. Having been to neither, Rose Hall looks nicer than Breezes. On the one hand with Jamaica not having the best reputation for safety, booking through RCI makes a lot of sense. On the other hand, if you use one of the reputable cabs, you'll be fine. Knowing what little I do about the geography and driving, I personally would try to keep it to a 30min drive or less, especially w/ kids. It's been a long time since I have been there, but from Falmouth to Negril or even Dunn's River seems too long. Just my opinion though. All that said, if you really want to hit Dunn's, don't let the port location stop you (it's neat, albeit touristy). Really curious to hear feedback from cruisers that go to Falmouth here in the next few weeks.

I'd agree that Rose Hall Resort & Spa (Hilton) is nicer than the Breezes in Trelawny. However I would say that the $50 for the day pass for Iberostar's cheapest resort does not reflect how very nice the resort actually is!! If you have kids who love the pool, I would recommend the Rose Hall Resprt & Spa as they have waterslides and a lazy river as part of their pool setup.

Whether you book independantly or with the cruise line you shouldnt have any issues with either transport or the hotels themselves.

For Clarification - Iberostar is in the Lilliput area which is about 10mins drive from the Rose Hall area (these are along the same stretch of highway). The Rose hall area is about 30mins drive from the Montego Bay cruise terminal and about 40mins from the Falmouth cruise terminal.

It will be interesting to see what the taxi fares are from Falmouth to the Iberostar or Rose Hall. When we docked in MoBay our last 3 cruises we have always gone to to Sandals. The ride took no more than 10 or 15 minutes and they charged $28.00 EACH WAY. The price offered by RCI to the Iberostar or Breezes includes the transportation. Also, what will be the availability of taxis in Falmouth and the willingness of drivers at the resorts to take you all the way back. I would pre-arrange a return pick up with the taxi driver. We always did it in MoBay and they were always there on time. Some of the private tour companies are adding on a $180.00 fee for pickup in Falmouth if there are just 2 of you.

Ouch on the cab fare, but I'm not surprised. Definitely have to consider this in your totL cost. Still $75 cheaper than through RCI for my trip. Not too worried about getting a cab back. The hotel should have no issues arranging with a little notice. My only concern would be the newness of this port, however I have Little doubt there will be cabs lined up for business.

Ouch on the cab fare, but I'm not surprised. Definitely have to consider this in your totL cost. Still $75 cheaper than through RCI for my trip. Not too worried about getting a cab back. The hotel should have no issues arranging with a little notice. My only concern would be the newness of this port, however I have Little doubt there will be cabs lined up for business.

Although I cant provide any guide to the cab fare, as I do not live in that part of the island... I can assure you that you'll have no issues with cabs from the port. Everyone that needs to go somewhere will be able to get there. Given the location of Falmouth, the cabs actually do routes which cover the entire journey from Montego Bay through to Ochi Rios.... so for example getting to a resort in Rose Hall/Montego Bay from Falmouth is a regular route and no issues.

Another thing to know is that Falmouth port is actually in a town that is ordinarily very busy as people go about their daily business, its one of the most historical towns/parts of Jamaica, it was founded in 1769. Falmouth isnt a new village/town being purposely built around a new cruise port.

Although I cant provide any guide to the cab fare, as I do not live in that part of the island... I can assure you that you'll have no issues with cabs from the port. Everyone that needs to go somewhere will be able to get there. Given the location of Falmouth, the cabs actually do routes which cover the entire journey from Montego Bay through to Ochi Rios.... so for example getting to a resort in Rose Hall/Montego Bay from Falmouth is a regular route and no issues.

Another thing to know is that Falmouth port is actually in a town that is ordinarily very busy as people go about their daily business, its one of the most historical towns/parts of Jamaica, it was founded in 1769. Falmouth isnt a new village/town being purposely built around a new cruise port.

Appreciate the reassurance, I felt pretty good about Falmouth's location. I read a little about the town and how long it had been around, only meant that it hasn't been a cruise line destination until next month.

• 2 months later...

Archived