Destiny 9th Jan 2011

Having a week cruise around caribbean then a week stay in Dreams Punta Cana, cabin inside deck 3 so hopefully should be quiet.

I have seen somewhere on this site all the ports of calls and the do and don't of DIY trips once docked can someone point me in the right direction because i can't find it.

Anyone gots any tips for cruising the caribbean ? all tips greatly received

Regards

Taffy

Having a week cruise around caribbean then a week stay in Dreams Punta Cana, cabin inside deck 3 so hopefully should be quiet.

I have seen somewhere on this site all the ports of calls and the do and don't of DIY trips once docked can someone point me in the right direction because i can't find it.

Anyone gots any tips for cruising the caribbean ? all tips greatly received

Regards

Taffy

I'm not sure which of the two itineraries you are doing but here are some from reviews last year - but I guess a lot of it will still be relevant. (You'll have to sort out which ports/itinerary you want). It may give you some handy hints.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=930536&highlight=coral+islands

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=929750&highlight=coral+islands

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=927245&highlight=coral+islands

Note #7 in this thread for excursion recommendations

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=895092&highlight=coral+islands

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the links, will take a look.

We are doing Caribbean Gems, La Romana,Dominican Republic - Castries, St. Lucia-. St Johns Antigua.- Philipsburg St Maartens,- Road Town Tortola.

Regards

Taffy130

Great itinerary! Don't be put off - it looks as though all the links are to do with Coral Islands - but the 'mix' is a bit different from when we went so you'll find something in all of them regarding your destinations.

Enjoy your trip - and the planning! :):)

Thanks for the links, will take a look.

We are doing Caribbean Gems, La Romana,Dominican Republic - Castries, St. Lucia-. St Johns Antigua.- Philipsburg St Maartens,- Road Town Tortola.

Regards

Taffy130

let me know how you get on ,I am going on the same on in April

We go on Boxing Day! Just picked our tickets up today so will be choosing excursions soon. We've been to all the islands before and are really looking forward to going again, they are all lovely.

Pre-booked our seats on plane today (£12.50 each, each way).

Carol x

will let you know how it went and any tips we have for you for your april trip.

Nelsons Dockyard in Antigua, can we walk to that ?

Is there somewhere on this site that i can get info on the places we visit and tips for DIY trips

Booked our flight seats today, also contacted Dr. with regards to malaria tablets which has been recommended we take a week before and continue 4 weeks after our return

Just have to get christmas sorted and try not to eat all the lovely things, can't risk putting weight on trying to get the weight off :(

will let you know how it went and any tips we have for you for your april trip.

Nelsons Dockyard in Antigua, can we walk to that ?

Is there somewhere on this site that i can get info on the places we visit and tips for DIY trips

Booked our flight seats today, also contacted Dr. with regards to malaria tablets which has been recommended we take a week before and continue 4 weeks after our return

Just have to get christmas sorted and try not to eat all the lovely things, can't risk putting weight on trying to get the weight off :(

There is quite a lot of info on excursions/places to visit and DiY options on the links I posted earlier on the thread. You will have to read through to pick out that which is relevant to you - but there is quite a bit which I would have thought would be useful.

Also, have a look under 'Ports' on the front page of the site - select Eastern Caribbean (and/or Southern not quite sure if all your ports will come under Eastern) and you should find port information there. There are also dedicated Forums for Caribbean ports. Do a search for the ports you want to know about - enter the name of the port in the 'Search this Forum'

facility on the appropriate forum and there will be plenty of information.

Nelson's Dockyard is an excursion - you could either do the Thomson one or pick up one of the many taxis at the port. (Some info on it in the links posted).

when i spoke to our practice nurse today she said yes for malaria tablets

taffy130

Visited mine yesterday for my 16 Jan cruise and there was no mention of malaria tablets being needed, only the normal stuff and I got my final HepA booster.

Archived